• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cant receive outside emails

B

Banko

Hi everyone,

I just finished installing windows server 2003 enterprise edition on a new computer. Then downloaded and installed Plesk, and a few Keys for extra components.

I then setup 3 different domains and clients and assigned each of them some email accounts.

I have no problem sending and receiving emails between the domains registerred on my server, i can also send emails to every one else in the world. However i am unable to receive emails from any person or domain outside of my server.

The error messages slightly very depending on who is sending the email(if they even get an error message that is). The error is always along the line of "The provider does not accept outside emails".

Can someone please tell me what i have to do to correct this issue. I am completely perplexed, esspecially since nothing else has been put on this server and it is all default installation. I am running under the assumption that i have to activate the incoming email somewhere that is not meantioned in the manual. Unfortunately suppport has not answerred any of my tickets that i have submitted, and have had to try and find the answers everywhere else. Thankfully i seem to have solved all issues but this one.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Fedler

well

well you sound like you know what you are doing, but the service pack 1 of windows 2003 server installs the windows firewall as "on" by default.

is it on? (windows control panel - firewall)

but i did not do any updates? i only did the above mentioned steps

Back