• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 8 support

In case you guys missed it (and you did...confess it...LOL) Plesk added interesting thing in Obsidian changelog.

Plesk Migrator
The extension can now be installed in Plesk on CentOS 8.

So like i said - i guess CentOS 8 support is imminent. They are preparing "terrain".. :)

I am installling it right now, on Centos 8.1
WIll let you know if i encounter any issue, since there is no official announcement yet.

:D:D

I am installling it right now, on Centos 8.1
WIll let you know if i encounter any issue, since there is no official announcement yet.

:D:D
Errors at first attempt, probably packages are not mirrored everywhere.

dnf.exceptions.DownloadError: Cannot download packages/plesk-php74-bcmath-7.4.3-1centos.8.200220.1908.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried

ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.

Seems to be working just fine here.
Just except for the Atomicorp that we need - but i see Plesk already accounted for this one, so we will await it.

Nice job @plesk!

The problem on this whole story is, that Plesk already wrote "will be supported by Plesk Obsidian soon" on 4th October 2019. Whatever "very soon" means now. This is a bad communication practice that leads to unnecessary misunderstanding and dissatisfaction between Plesk and customers. Just my 2 cents.

Plesk is doing a great job, I'm just trying to bring up some constructive notes for future releases.

The problem on this whole story is, that Plesk already wrote "will be supported by Plesk Obsidian soon" on 4th October 2019. Whatever "very soon" means now. This is a bad communication practice that leads to unnecessary misunderstanding and dissatisfaction between Plesk and customers. Just my 2 cents.
Allow me to propose more friendly atmosphere here(this thread). We were all frustrated by this whole CentOS8 situation here i hope both sides learned something but as you can see CentOS8 support is imminent.

Love :p

Reactions: XTI
Back