• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change Domain of Subscription

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
is it possible to change the Domain of a Subscription?
I have migrated from Confixx, some old Server and now have a bunch of useless Domains within every Subscription.
Any Advice would be awesome

@UFHH01 my first move was to look into Docs.
I didn't found a Solution.

My Problem is:
1. I create new User and new Abo.
2. Domain of the Abo (which is bound to abo right?) is old and was cancelled
3. How can i change that Domain which was used to create the Abo?

The last Time i've checked it was not possible to change that "old" Domain.
This is what i need to do. We just migrated hundreds of Sites with the old web1.domain.de / web2.domain.de .....
So we have hundreds of useless Domains. Do you understand?

Hi daanse,

How can i change that Domain which was used to create the Abo?
Did you try the "normal" way to change the subscriber?
  1. Go to "Home > Customers"
  2. Click on the "CUSTOMER_NAME" with the domain in question
  3. Click on ( tab ) "Subscriptions"
  4. Choose the domain in question
  5. Click on "Change Subscriber" and choose the new subscriber

Did you try the "normal" way to change the subscriber?

Yes, and i tried at about Step 2 of yours, to just delete the unwanted Domain which only is a Placeholder.
But this deleted the whole Subscription.
The FIRST Domain of a Subscription is linked to the Subscription. THIS is what i want to tear appart. :)
Confixx (for my Informations) always created some placeholder Domains "webXX.yourserver.de" for each Subscription.
After migrated few times to Plesk until now, there a 100 Subscriptions with this Placeholder domains.
So 100 useless Domains which running with enabled Hosting. Yes i could turn off hosting maybe, but what about delete? :)
Do you understand?

Hi daanse,

Yes, and i tried at about Step 2 of yours, to just delete the unwanted Domain which only is a Placeholder.
This is the expected behaviour, when you try to delete the FIRST assigned domain from a subscription. :)

Consider to MOVE a (sub)domain to a ( temporary created ) subscriber, which you later could delete, to get rid of these unwanted (sub)domains. ;)

HI @UFHH01 ,

finally i had time to test this.

Problem still is: If i create a temp Subscription i will not reach my goal as this is same Problem as before.
I can change owner of a subscription on the fly, yes. But i want to get rid of these placeholder Domains. I i create a new sub with new placeholder i have the same as before.
and i can't create a Subscription on my "test.de" Domain because i already have this Domain created.
So if "test.de" (which is the real Domain i actively use should be the Domain of my subscription, i must Delete that (including my whole Projekt :-( ) and than create new.
But than i have to restore Files and and and ......
This is not easy to handle.
I have at about 100 Old confixx Domains as Placeholder which are not be used but somehow makes Server slow as there are to many Logs in total.

A Function "Change Main Domain in Sub" would be much more smoother. Than i don't have to delete whole Account an recreate everything from the Beginning. Because that seems the only Solution until now :(

Back