• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change main-domain of a subscription and migrate

m3lezZ

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hello,

I have a question -

At server 1. I have a domain wich is the main domain of a subscription, I want to migrate this domain to server 2. and integrate it into an existing subscription.
After this I want to delete/change the main domain of the subsciption at server 1.

Is this possible?

Is there a workaround for this?

Okey, thank you for your reply.

I have contacted the plesk supprt. - I will post the solution here for later concerns.

Official Reply from Plesk-Support:

Let us assume we are moving a subdomain.example.com to a separate subscription.

1. Log in to Plesk
  2. Create a new subscription example2.com
  3. Copy your original website subdomain.example.com in example2.com subscription via domains > example.com > Copy Web page
  4. Test the site on the new location by adding example2. Comin to the local computer Hosts file
  5. Remove the original site via domains > Subdomain.example.com > remove sub-domain.
  6. Rename Example2. comin example. comin domains > Example2.com > hosting settings.
2. After this, he wants to delete/change the main domain of the subscription at server 1. Is this possible?
This functionality is not yet implemented in Plesk, but you can use the following workaround:

1. Go To Home> Abonnements> example.com> Websites & Domains> example.com
  2. Click Settings Hosting tab and specify a new name for the domain.

Note: in case of Web Admin license is used, select required webspace(subscription) in upper right corner and click on Hosting Settings for required domain.

Note: the permission "Domain creation" should be enabled on the subscription. The customer cannot rename this domain without this permission.
Für weitere Informationen bezüglich dieser Schritte empfehle ich Ihnen folgenden Artikel anzuschauen:
Is it possible to change the main website on a subscription in Plesk?

Back