• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Client unable to update their password in Roundcube v1.4.3, Plesk Obsidian v18.0.26

reece.hill

New Pleskian
Hi guys,
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.26, Roundcube v1.4.3, os_Ubuntu 18.04, (what other specs would be useful?)

As the title suggests, all domains:
  1. Can successfully navigate to www.webmail...domain.com
  2. Emails load, can send and receive emails etc.
  3. Cannot Update Password, no matter how secure the input password is.
When Save is hit, "New password could not be saved" is displayed.
I'm really at a loss here, I've checked the following logs:
  • /var/log/plesk-roundcube (errors: empty [should it at least have something?])
  • /var/www/vhosts/system/affected_site/logs
  • And the Apache and nginx logs
As you can tell, I'm pretty much stabbing in the dark here.

I've checked error logs but their messages are unrelated. Access logs seem to show:

Could someone give me a hint as to which logs I ought to be checking to help debug this? I had considered this was a Cloudflare issue, however I've since disabled this on all sites to see if it made any difference. I'm now wondering if this could be a Firewall/Security confliction somewhere...

Thank you in advance!

Also, just to add, I have searched for the forums already but yielded nothing - I assume it's because it's Obsidian's latest update!

/var/log/messages does not exist. However I've checked syslog and nothing gets added at the same time? Really at a loss here.

Having a dig around, I've noticed that poppassd service isn't listening on port 106...
root@host:~# telnet localhost 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

How do I solve this?

Installing Horde, the same issue persists: "Failure in changing password for Poppassd Server: No prompt returned from server."

Horde error logs don't show anything relevan.t.

Back