• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cloud migration

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
Due to scale economics, I need to migrate from dedicated servers to cloud based virtual servers; both Linux CentOs and plesk 12.5
Have done serveral hardware migrations in the past, all of them on linux Plesk but the problem I'm seeing now is that virtual private servers (at Softlayer, at least) use a 100Gb main disk to set the operating system and you add up different size disks on the side to be used for the hosted sites.

The question is how can this migration be accomplished coming from a single disk with os and hosted sites to this new scheme separating them.

Any idea/experience anyone?

TIA

Hello.

I work in high tech and we faced the same issue 6 months ago. We are developing technologies and we had a downtime that cost us a lot of time and money, and I am not even mentioning the developer's lost hours of trying to do something....since then we decided to use a cloud backup. We are a very big operation so we are actually using one of the biggest companies in the market (CloudEndure) but they are the best. We had 2 down times since we started using their cloud - and it went smoothly - as if there was no down time at all. I would suggest to look online, there are sites that compare and recommend cloud provider services (like trustradius).

Goodluck :)

When choosing the operating system for your Plesk server, we recommend that you check out the operating system termination date set by the vendor. I would recommend you to approach an IT solutions provider for mergers and acquisitions. Cloud Migration consultants (like Nuvento) will help you provide the right solution.

Back