• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Configure drweb

VagaStorm

Basic Pleskian
How can I configure drWeb so it only deletes wiruses or infected atatchments? NOT sending a mail in return to the sender. My drweb seem to have gon utterly insane sending an insane amount of mails!

I can't start drweb on the server, caus I'm geting a license key mis match error :(

License key file mismatches application

After the last update DrWeb says:
"License key file mismatches application"

The license from SW-Soft seems to be valid. What can I do?
How can I turn off DrWeb?

Yes, I'm experiencing this exact same behavior. I actually spoke on the phone with SW-Soft and they confirmed that they are aware of this problem and the Dr. Web people are actively working to resolve it.

See, every night, Dr. Web automatically downloads an update to itself. Sometimes the update is just the virus definition files, but the last update also contained updated program code. The bug is that it just keeps looping continuisou7ly on scanning the same file -- I *think* that's the problem.

Anyways, the way to resolve this is to actually just wait for the update to be released. Because Dr. Web auto-updates anyway, once they release the update, the problem will be fixed.

Hope this helps clarify for the thousands of people out there who are wondering why they're server is suddenly sending 250 messages per minute.

yeah - got hit with this...1600 emails in my inbox....partner also got about 1000 emails...real head-scratcher.

Bah... when I killed it of, there where 17000 mails in my out que :( I swear, I riped out so mutch hair thers a bold spot up ther now :p

Actually this issue caused by corrupted update package for Dr.Web antivirus. Dr.Web company promised inform as soon as fixed update package will be available. So, until fresh update package will be published, the only workaround is to disable Dr.Web service.

Huh ? Am I getting this right ? I can see this has been posted September 2004 and somebody replied in October 2004 "Dr. Web people are actively working to resolve it".

It is now November 2005 and this has still not been solved ???

I am having the same behavior here right now: for some reason suddenly Dr. Web recognizes e-mails to a number of e-mail addresses (just a couple, not all) as contained with viruses and then seems to get into a loop by sending e-mail addresses from the webmaster to the webmaster. After a while (a couple of 100 messages) this stops, however.

I had to urgently shut down the service to stop the flood and to make the affected mailboxes available again.

If this issue has been "actively working on" for the next 12 months; then I am feeling very uncomfortably with the outcome...

Any other reactions or people having the same thing and possible solutions ?

Regards,

Mav.

Originally posted by EuroMaverick
Huh ? Am I getting this right ? I can see this has been posted September 2004 and somebody replied in October 2004 "Dr. Web people are actively working to resolve it".

It is now November 2005 and this has still not been solved ???

Try to read...... the problem wasn't post on September, it was posted om 2nd of November. :p

The poster was registered on that date ;)

I just posted a new thread called "drweb errors" in which I listed the errors that I am getting. These errors are looping and I am also getting hundreds of admin emails.

Is this the same problem that you all are having? Should I just wait for an update by drweb?

Thanks,
Coleen

Yep coleen,

Same issue here...

And oh Trizone,

Thanks for pointing out to me I was still asleep - message indeed posted on nov. 2nd ;)

We have also had this issue, and it seems to re-occur. Originally we found posting referring to that once Dr. Web updates itself that the problem would go away. We have waited a few days, and the issue is re-occuring.

We are using smartermail, Dr. Web and Plesk 7.5.

Can someone tell me how you were able to make this flood of emails stop, without sacrificing anti-virus protection?

M. Young
Pinstripe Hosting
www.pinstripeco.com

Yes, we have the same configuration and the same problem. We've had to disable Dr. Web and now have no virus protection.

SW-Soft -- since Dr. Web is considered an "upgrade" when can we expect a resolution to this bug? Where do we go for updates? What are we supposed to tell our clients?

The support infrastucture for Plesk add-ons is frankly very confusing. This forum, while helpful, is not sufficient as a way of getting up-to-date support information.

I could not stop it without sacreficing virus prot. I had to rename the drweb folder until I git the update. Tok about a day or so, then the update tool reverted my drweb to an older wersion.

So is there any moderators from Sw-Soft who can assist us with this issue? We continue to have the problem, so evidently just waiting for updates is not the solution. What action do we need to take?

M. Young
Pinstripe Hosting
www.pinstripeco.com

Because it will be that Plesk and their components never work correctly? In all of the versions happens always problem.

I think while SwSoft to continue using this bad software (drwebcom) it will never work 100% the software.

It will be that the personnel of SwSoft doesn't take any attitude as for this problem. They always say that you/they wait a position of the company drwebcom, to be expecting a position without doing anything, we also make that.

To the work SwSoft will improve this system is not to leave bug´s :eek:

Sysber

Anyone get dr web to upgrade to a working version yet? If so, how exactly did you do it?

Thanks,
Coleen

Do excuse didn't understand, did you receive an e-mail of SwSoft regarding correction of DrWebCom???

Sysber

We emailed support and they sent us an update to Dr. Web. Why they have not linked this fix to any of the forums is beyond me. I have not tried the fix yet, but will post our results today once we complete it.

M. Young
www.pinstripeco.com
Pinstripe Hosting

Back