• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Configure e-mail incoming / outgoing server

vincentx3

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin 18.0.52
Hello everyone,
Admittedly, a somewhat "stupid" question, but currently I don't seem to understand something or am doing something fundamentally wrong.

My mail server is currently configured as follows, i.e. SPF, DMARC and DKIM

Plesk runs with a firewall, just for fun I "played" with the incoming and outgoing mail servers when configuring the e-mails via Thunderbird
Egro: no matter what I take, it works as long as there is a .XYZ.com.

My question:
How can I configure it so that only a specific server (e.g. mail.XYZ.com or XYZ.com) is allowed and the rest result in an error.

I'm currently approaching Plesk / Linux / DNS

About the system:
Linux 20.04
Plesk Obsidian
postfix as mail server
Firewall enabled

Thank you very much

The server can always be addressed by all domains that point to the same ip address. SSL/TLS encryption does not work in such cases, but nevertheless a connection is possible. I could imagine that you can create an iptables (firewall) rule that blocks traffic based on a logical AND for domain names NOT matching a certain pattern AND at the same time limited to only certain ports (the mail ports 993, 995, 143, 465, 587, but not 25), but such a construct would be quite odd. That however will still leave port 25 open, which is a necessity, and also allow clients to connect using an IP address instead of the hostname.

All in all, just don't do it. It will only create problems and not improve anything.

Back