• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Create a postgres database with same name of user

Nilton Santos

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I can not create a postgres database with same name of user on Plesk 17.5.3 Linux.

For example
If I want to create the database dbtest with user dbtest I get the following error:

Erro: Falha na conexão com o servidor de banco de dados: ERROR: role "dbtest" already exists

This is normal?

Can somebody help me?

Hello Diogo,

As Plesk support is a normal behavior, see below:

Hello,
According to the PosgreSQL documentation PostgreSQL: Documentation: 9.4: Database Roles this is a current default PostgreSQL behavior:
In PostgreSQL versions before 8.1, users and groups were distinct kinds of entities, but now there are only roles. Any role can act as a user, a group, or both.
Since version 8.1, PostgreSQL manages database access permissions using the concept of roles. A role can be thought of as either a database user, or a group of database users, depending on how the role is set up.

So it is required the creation user and database with different names.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Kind regards,

Danil Dmitrienko
Technical Support Engineer
Plesk

help please!!!

create structure database

psql -U postgres -c "CREATE ROLE ecidade WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN PASSWORD 'ecidade';"
psql -U postgres -c "CREATE ROLE dbseller WITH LOGIN PASSWORD 'dbseller';"
psql -U postgres -c "CREATE ROLE plugin WITH LOGIN PASSWORD 'plugin';"

psql -U postgres -c "CREATE DATABASE ecidade OWNER ecidade;"

configure is connect database

$DB_USUARIO = 'ecidade';
$DB_SENHA = 'ecidade';
$DB_SERVIDOR = 'localhost';
$DB_PORTA = '5432';
$DB_PORTA_ALT = '5432';
$DB_BASE = 'ecidade';

please is possible operation?

Hello Diogo,

As Plesk support is a normal behavior, see below:

Hello,
According to the PosgreSQL documentation PostgreSQL: Documentation: 9.4: Database Roles this is a current default PostgreSQL behavior:
In PostgreSQL versions before 8.1, users and groups were distinct kinds of entities, but now there are only roles. Any role can act as a user, a group, or both.
Since version 8.1, PostgreSQL manages database access permissions using the concept of roles. A role can be thought of as either a database user, or a group of database users, depending on how the role is set up.

So it is required the creation user and database with different names.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Why do you think that user and database need different names? Your quoted text of the postgresql documentation does not state this.

Back