• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cron <root@server> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron

Martin73

Basic Pleskian
Since a few days I get every day a mail from my server:
Code:
Cron <root@server> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

What does that mean?

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11

@Martin73

The error notification is quite explicit:

1 - connection with the MySQL server fails, the root cause of this problem is very likely to be the fact that root@localhost is used to connect
2 - the postrotate script for some log files is not working properly, for some specific reason

and the two errors can or might be related, but are not necessarily related.

The first point is not peculiar: it should not be possible to connect as root@localhost on a Plesk instance.

The second point is a bit odd: nevertheless, it is not alarming, it is just an indication that a (rotation) script does not work (and your server will survive that).

That is more or less an explanation of what happens.

More important, there is root cause of the problem AND a solution.

The root cause of the problem: /etc/mysql/debian.cnf has not been configured properly.

SOLUTION: proper configuration of /etc/mysql/debian.cnf AND proper setup of debian-sys-maint account in MySQL server.

ARTICLE: follow this KB article (and be careful, make a backup before applying the work-around!)

Hope the above helps......

Regards

I had no time to check the mentioned workaround. But now I get an additional message. :confused:

Code:
Cron <root@server> /usr/bin/kcarectl --auto-update --gradual-rollout=auto

The IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XX was already used for trialing on 2018-11-15

@Martin73,

In essence, your latest post states that you are having some problems with KernelCare extension.

Are you using the KernelCare extension and/or did you install the KernelCare extension?

Regards........

Back