• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cronjob failed

Individuum92

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
I need to schedule a php script with the task manager.

Following configuration:
Script path: /httpdocs/<path-to-vHost/script.php - without arguments.

When I execute the job I get an
Code:
Could not open input file: /httpdocs/<path-to-vHost/script.php
I already checked the permissions and give 775. No effect.
Crontab Shell: /bin/bash (but I think it doesn't matter because of I need to schedule a .php, not a shell script ...)

I've googled but can't find a working solution for my case. Any idea?

Try executing it as a PHP script and remove the first '/'
Don't change the permissions; that won't work.

Can you post a screenshot of the cronjob?

What is "<path-to-vHost" in this case? Where exactly is this script located?

The path either needs to be relative to the account (if this is configured inside a subscription) or it needs to be a fully qualified path starting from the partition's root (if this is configured as an administrator).

The comment field gives "track_exp.sh", so if your file cannot be found, check if it is really track_exp.php as configured or rather track_exp.sh as in the comment field.

The path is correct. The name delta was my mistake; It's the .php file which needs to be executed.

Am I right when I say that the error message "Could not open input file" is not the same as "No such file"? For my understanding that means, that the .php file is finding but the permissions are not correct? Maybe it's a wrong plesk configuration?

I've added a test.sh file right next to the php file, which I need to execute.
Same permissions and same path. When I run the .sh script via "command execute" in Plesk, it works fine.
When I try to execute the php script via "execute PHP Script" in Plesk, I get the error message. So it seems like that it isn't a path / permission issue.

Back