• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Dark mode looks great!

I agree that it looks great but I don't understand the decission to make it session based rather than an addition of the account settings. Due to that I have to activate it every time I login, which is just annoying and unnecessary to the max.

@Liwindo The dark mode state is stored in a cookie. Just make sure that you aren't deleting the cookie and it will remember it.

@Liwindo The dark mode state is stored in a cookie. Just make sure that you aren't deleting the cookie and it will remember it.
Thx @danami for your hint but necessary cookies are enabled and accepted by me but on every browser restart the same result. I know that the cookies are working due to the fact, that the 2FA login period is working.

@Liwindo I conducted tests and was no able to reproduce the issue. The dark mode is linked to a cookie. If the cookie is removed, the GUI reverts to light mode. If the cookie exists, it keeps dark mode on. I've also tested this across different user accounts. It is not linked to an account, but as long as the cookie exists in the browser, my browser showed dark mode, regardless of the user account I used to login. When removing all cookies of the current session while logged in, Plesk logs me out and on the following login I am on light mode again. Do you maybe have exceptions configured for cookie handling in your browser that affect the domain you are working with?

@Peter Debik I've removed the cookies of my plesk instances and logged in afterwards again. Since I had to insert 2FA and to accept cookies again I'm sure that I deleted the right ones. I'm using the standard activity tracking protection from Firefox, maybe it's related to that. Except of that there's nothing which could stop the cookie from being created or used.

But in the first place I just wanted to express my opinion that I think that the design decission to solve it via cookie is not the best solution. My issue is giving a good example for that. I would prefer an account setting.

I'd love to see an option to make the dark theme, the default variant, as I hate switching it and I clear my cache often.

Darkmode being standard is way better. Any way to get that done? The link above is rather being able to disable it right?

Since Plesk 18.0.54 it is possible to set the default theme mode either to "default" or "dark". Please add this to your panel.ini file:

Light mode:
Code:
[branding]
theme = "default"

or

Dark mode:
Code:
[branding]
theme = "dark"

any chance the dark theme could be updated with the body tag background-color to something like transparent.
Its currently set to #fbfbfb, which looks janky when scrolling

Back