• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Default value in the panel.ini depending on the version of Plesk?

JonathanSmith

New Pleskian
Hello,

Do the default values of the panel.ini depend on the version of Plesk?
We have 2 Plesk instances and the default value of "websitesDiagnostic.enabled" is not the same.

I added the following lines in the panel.ini to compare and here is the result:
[websitesDiagnostic]
enabled = true

Instance "Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition - Version 18.0.49 Update #1"
1672754404076.png

Instance "Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition - Version 18.0.49 Update #1"
1672754418339.png

I could not find any information about the Plesk version in the documentation for this function: (Plesk for Linux) Website Log Check

I don't know how to easily compare all the defaults of the 2 instances of Plesk to see if there are other different settings.

I don't know if the default value for websitesDiagnostic.enabled depends on the Plesk Edition. I do want to point out however that on both your screenshots the value is set to true. Overwriting the default value.

On my servers (both Web Host Edition and Web Pro Edition) the value defaults to false.

I don't know if the default value for websitesDiagnostic.enabled depends on the Plesk Edition. I do want to point out however that on both your screenshots the value is set to true. Overwriting the default value.

On my servers (both Web Host Edition and Web Pro Edition) the value defaults to false.
Yes I have overwritten the default value to see that it changed something (and the answer is no) and I put this as a screenshot because it is even more obvious that it is indeed the default value that is different.

When I leave the default panel.ini :

Instance "Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition - Version 18.0.49 Update #1"
1672762239416.png
1672762284973.png

Instance "Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition - Version 18.0.49 Update #1"
1672762258925.png
1672762299755.png

The value is related to Website Log Check
The default setting is "false" or non-existent.
The feature has been introduced in Plesk 18.0.45 and was first described in the change log Change Log for Plesk Obsidian
It is still in a Beta status.
How do you know that the default value is false? I can't find this in the Plesk changelog or in the documentation of this feature.
So it doesn't explain why I have an instance where the default value of this feature is true.

I've checked with staff and found out that some partners were invited to a test of the feature and had that feature activated automatically. Did you get your licence from a reseller? In that case it is possible that the feature has been enabled on a server according to that test scenario. However, there was absolutely no risk in the change, and the feature will become generally available very soon on all servers, too.

Thank you for your input.

We got our license through store.plesk.com.

If I understand correctly, the default value of this setting depends on how we acquired the licence?

Also, what do you mean by "the feature will become generally available very soon on all servers"? That it will be enabled by default on all servers? Or that the feature is not available on all servers for now, whatever the setting value is?

The feature is available for all, but currently, it will normally require the setting

[websitesDiagnostic]
enabled = true

It was probably activated on your server as part of a preview program (but I have no way of finding this out). Reason of the preview was to collect feedback from users to optimize the feature before it becomes a standard. As I understood developers, the feature will become a standard for all installations, which normally means that if the entry in panel.ini is missing or if it is set to "true" you'll see the entry in the graphical user interface and only if the panel.ini setting is explicitely "false" you won't see the new feature.

Bottom line: No need to worry about it.

Back