• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Detailed mail statistics

madsere

Regular Pleskian
Prior to Plesk 10 it was possible for domain owners to see detailed mail statistics with disk space used per email account. It was a little cryptic, but it was there. In Plesk 10 all they can see is how much space email on the domain is taking up, not how much each email account is using.

Parallels may have though this was not important but we have a lot of customers asking for this.

On the other hand none of the other bloatware introduced by Plesk 10 is used.

How about adding a migration tool from Plesk 10 back to Plesk 9? That way we might be able to hold on to the customers by offering them a downgrade to Plesk 9.

How about adding a migration tool from Plesk 10 back to Plesk 9? That way we might be able to hold on to the customers by offering them a downgrade to Plesk 9.

Full backup of server with Plesk 9.x is better "migration tool" before upgrade to Plesk 10.x.
Regarding first part of your post - please fill with all necessary details well-known template and I will forward it to developers.

I'm not sure if I understand you correct. Are you saying that it's possible to make a full plesk backup under Plesk 10 and restore it under Plesk 9? That would be heaven!

But I suspect you meant to backup the server before upgrading to Plesk 10, in which case the best would be simply to not upgrade. But how was we to know Plesk 10 was such a poor product?

If you have Plesk 9.x server in production and think about upgrade to next major version - good practice is creation full backup of important production server. Isn't it?
Irrespectively from Plesk it is customary practice for production servers.
In case when new version of product is not suitable for you for some reasons - you can easily return all back in previous state.

Well, you don't always find the problems right away. By the time we realized the mistake it was too much work going back to an old backup.

Recognizing the poor state of Plesk 10 it would have been nice if you provided a migration tool that would work the other way. As long as none of the "business features" were used it ought not to be too complicated to do.

I think that is not good business case.
Did you see official migration tool from Win7 to WinXP or from MacOS X Leon to MacOS X Snow Leopard?

Plesk 9.x and Plesk 10.x are very different products. There are a lot of changes in business logic, internal structure, vhosts structure, database structure, etc. in Plesk 10.x. Downgrade is really very-very complex procedure! Previously support team have performed downgrades inside Plesk 8.x or 9.x versions because it was easy, but now support will not perform it. Creation of such "migration tool" will demand huge resources from developers and QA and on expenses of resources it will be comparable to release of absolutely new version of Plesk! We have prepared special pre_upgrade tool and article http://kb.odin.com/en/9436 for avoiding possible post-upgrade issues and it is not still enough... Preliminary backup of Plesk 9.x production server is also not acceptable for you... I don't know how we can help you.

I already explained, nobody use all that business logic bloatware. All we need is websites and email.

Never mind. I will migrate the websites by hand. It will take a few hours but at the end of the day be well worth the time spent.

Back