• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/dev/md1/ is getting full quickly

HeRiNo

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I have 1 more issue. Since yesterday the partition /dev/md1/ is quickly getting full. (almost full) its on 92% now. I have been trying using google but found no solution. The partition Always had 5-6 GB on it. But Yesterday it went to 17.5 GB Plesk support is no option for me because I have this dedicated server form a hoster and offcourse there is a licensekey but that license key does not give right to get support. So I hope someone here can help me out with this.

Best Regards, Herman.

with the information provided you can not expect an answer. E.g. you have not provided the mount point of /dev/md1. So we have no clue what part of the file system is filling up. Plesk is just a tool to make your system administration easier, it doesn't replace system administration! If Plesk might be the cause of the filling you might want to check if you are using Plesk backups.

Just saw your other post about the backup problems... I will put my money on it that this is the cause of your disk filling up...

Tis is my first dedicated server and I have to learn a lot. So mountpoint? I have seen the term but dont know how or where to find it. So if you can tell me in understandable words what you need and maybe where I can find it I wil do so. The problem about the backup started after the filling up of the partition.

Herman.

type

# df

and paste the content here.

then type

# cd /
# find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 du | sort -n | tail -10 | cut -f2 | xargs -I{} du -sh {}

paste content here.

/dev/md1 20027132 18346304 640452 97% /
devtmpfs 3946924 0 3946924 0% /dev
tmpfs 3989480 0 3989480 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 3989480 17356 3972124 1% /run
tmpfs 3989480 0 3989480 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/md0 991448 127024 796844 14% /boot
/dev/md2 936198968 73536 888546204 1% /home

du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27290/task/27290/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27290/task/27290/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27290/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27290/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27320/task/27320/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27320/task/27320/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27320/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27320/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task/27319’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task/27319/fd’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task/27319/fdinfo’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task/27319/ns’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/task/27319/attr’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/fd’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/fdinfo’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/ns’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/net’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/net/dev_snmp6’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/net/netfilter’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/net/stat’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27319/attr’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
14G ./usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts
14G ./usr/local/centovacast/var
14G ./usr/local/centovacast/var
14G ./usr/local/centovacast
14G ./usr/local/centovacast
15G ./usr/local
15G ./usr/local
17G ./usr
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27347/task/27347/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27347/task/27347/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27347/fd/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
du: kan geen toegang krijgen tot ‘./proc/27347/fdinfo/4’: Bestand of map bestaat niet
18G .

kan geen toegang krijgen tot is Dutch, in English that is: Can't get access to: Bestand of map bestaat niet = Folder or file does not exist:

Regards, Herman.

don't worry my Dutch is fine... ;-)

your /dev/md1 is the / (root) mount point. It is the main mount point. Most files get created under / . Your largest partition (/dev/md2) at /home is not used at al. Take a look at http://kb.odin.com/en/819 and see what the recommended partition is for Plesk.

Okay, but the strange thing is, /dev/md1/ was pretty stable at 5-6 GB and in a matter of hours up to 97 % Thats what I think is strange. Is it to change the disc spaces now on an active server? And can it be done by me? A newbie? And then all those files/folders where is no access to? How is that possible? I personally thinh that that has something to do with the backup problem.

Regards, Herman.

I guess it was because you uploaded your website files. The are located in

and take already 14Gb.

Don't worry about the /proc files, they are temporally and might already been gone when you wanted to check the file status.

The new partition is more a problem. It is usually done when installing the OS. There are sometimes ways to make changes afterwards but I would not recommend it to a newbie. Backup your website files, download them locally and then reinstall your OS, make the correct partition (usually 4Gb /boot and 8Gb SWAP and then rest / ) and reinstall Plesk and start over....

Maybe thats an option. Only thing is, I can do a restall trough my hoster by clicking some buttons and done. Not sure if I can select the size of the partitions. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Herman.

tHmm... I have some friends who have a vps server with Strato. They have chosen the "Centos 6 + Plesk 12" image which give you one partition on /. The dedicated servers images might be different. Start doesn't seem to publish public info on how to install a dedicated server with them. Can't help you there...

Hi eilko,

Hi UFHH01, but that is related to a VPS . I understand that HeRiNo has a dedicated server with Strato.
... well... there is a SEARCH option as well... which will lead to other FAQs as for example to:
http://www.strato-faq.nl/article/94...r-in-de-oorspronkelijke-stand-herstellen.html

I'm even not sure, why someone would want to reinstall the whole server, when he/she could simply resize the partitions. Resizing is very easy and without the loss of any data. Tutorials and How-To's ( as well for newbies ) can be found all over the net. Even that the Strato support isn't the very best, they will help you as well with such requests.

Hello,

well the reinstall is no porblem. Its taking place right now. It was more the partitions. But there where some options and I choose the one Eilko suggested only /boot is 1GB and I cant chamge that. But its default. About Strato, dont expect any help off them. Zero supoort. But its cheap and good. Everybode thanks for the help!

Regards, Herman.

Back