• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved /dev/root if 100% full. Plesk don't start.

noisycity

New Pleskian
Dear,
When I try to log on Plesk (Centos), I have this message :

Server Error
Service_Agent_Exception
Can't create transaction directory

Type Service_Agent_Exception
Message Can't create transaction directory
File LocalTransaction.php
Line 63

Then, I try the repair page and I have :
/dev/root on / 0.00 B of 19.10 GB total

/dev/root is full.

How could I increase this /dev/root 20GB size to 100GB for exemple ?
What files should I delete inside /dev/root ?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Thanks Brujo for your reply.
I will say yes, it is Plesk problem origin. The trouble came from a featured extension "SEO Toolkit" installed on Plesk latest update (17.8) that's fills le root drive in few weeks. I delete the 2 ~7GB DB files and the extension, after I could get access to Plesk.
All is now fine.

Just take care of these files :
# ls -lha /usr/local/psa/var/modules/xovi/xovi.sqlite3*
-rw------- 1 psaadm psaadm 457M Sep 18 14:25 xovi.sqlite3
-rw------- 1 psaadm psaadm 367M Sep 18 14:25 xovi.sqlite3-journal

Technically, you could of installed anything and gone over your storage limit and caused this issue. Your root partition should NEVER be that close to being full.

Thanks noisycity! I've uninstalled the SEO Toolkit. The 7.5GB file at /usr/local/psa/var/modules/xovi/xovi.sqlite3 disappeared and my server is no longer in danger of running out of space in this partition.

You're not alone in suffering from this. IMO it is definitely a Plesk failure to have this large file saved in a place that on multiple "standard" installations sits on a relatively small partition.

Thanks noisycity! I've uninstalled the SEO Toolkit. The 7.5GB file at /usr/local/psa/var/modules/xovi/xovi.sqlite3 disappeared and my server is no longer in danger of running out of space in this partition.

You're not alone in suffering from this. IMO it is definitely a Plesk failure to have this large file saved in a place that on multiple "standard" installations sits on a relatively small partition.

Yes I think so Alex. Just because it's in the "native" Plesk update, Plesk as to take care of this kind of partners disk space leak issues. This trouble will happen more and more servers, depends on SEO needs and visitors volumes in the next weeks.

Just because it's in the "native" Plesk update, Plesk as to take care of this kind of partners disk space leak issues. This trouble will happen more and more servers, depends on SEO needs and visitors volumes in the next weeks.

Indeed. Disappointing that the "guru" users were so dismissive of your valid report.

Why disappointed? I’m sorry but if you only have 7-8GB in root, alarms should of gone off way before this plugin. It’s poor management.

Back