• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Directory Browsing

uniacid

Basic Pleskian
I'd like to know how I could edit the indexer that lists what ever files you have in a directory

http://clan-xtc.com/stuff/

for example, I want to change it and make my own indexer and have it list the actual file names with their extensions

(text.txt)

The best way to do this is with a ASP script that uses the FileSystemObject to list the files. Then you can have the files displayed any way you like, with icons, whatever file attributes you choose. You'd probably want to authenticate users browsing files and the script could do this too.

Couldn't you Plesk's File Manager? Domain users have access to this, as do resellers and of course admin ... and it shows the filename extensions:).

Cheers,
Julian

I know how I can do the script but what I want to know is where would I place the script so that it affects all sites being hosted, and why would I use the file man? I want it to be able to browse directory's not administering them

I always thought that the page you see when browsing directories was generated by IIS, not a script or template, in which case you can't do what you're trying to do the way you're trying to do it. But I may be wrong.

The usual way is to have a script that takes the current folder as a parameter. e.g. /utils/filemanager.asp?folder=/images

Then you would have to install the script on each site.

we used to did that with a php script when moving a server before Backup restore released.. Check hotscripts/php > something like directory indexing

Back