• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable items in control panel when not supported by license

Toxalot

Basic Pleskian
My license doesn't support Java, but the customer's control panel still offers the Secure Shell Terminal. Having a link for something that doesn't work is confusing for customers. And I don't see any way of disabling this built-in terminal while still allowing access via SSH.

My license doesn't support Web Presence Builder, but the customer's control panel still shows "Sites published with Web Presence Builder" in Account > Resources. I don't see any way of disabling this either.

I would really like to have the option of turning off things I don't offer.

Hi, Toxalot

Try to disable these Plesk features in the used service plan (using permissions). As example:
"Home > Service Plans > Bronze Hosting
Management of access to the server over SSH: Not allowed"

But I want them to have SSH. That's what I meant by "while still allowing access via SSH".

I've granted them SSH with chrooted shell. I only grant that to users that know what they are doing. They already have a program that they use to log in through SSH. They don't need the Java shell. I've told them to just ignore it and it's not a big deal. But it would be nice to be able to disable that separately from the shell permission.

Here's another one.

When I hover over the "Create E-mail Address" button in the Mail tab of the customer's control panel, the tool tip says "To create a business e-mail address not associated with any particular user (like sales at mycompany.com), go to the Mailing Lists tab, and create a mailing list."

I don't have Mailing Lists enabled. There is no Mailing Lists tab.

My license doesn't support Java, but the customer's control panel still offers the Secure Shell Terminal. Having a link for something that doesn't work is confusing for customers. And I don't see any way of disabling this built-in terminal while still allowing access via SSH.

You will need to uninstall "SSHTerm" package (via rpm or apt) and then refresh server components in CP. SSHTerminal is Java Applet (not Servlet), so it doesn't depend on whether you have or have not Java on your server.

You will need to uninstall "SSHTerm" package (via rpm or apt) and then refresh server components in CP. SSHTerminal is Java Applet (not Servlet), so it doesn't depend on whether you have or have not Java on your server.

Ah Ok. I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to Java. The SSH Terminal doesn't work and I don't have Java installed on server, so I assumed... (bad me). I guess it's not installed on my PC (or client's PC) either.

Any comments on my other two points?

My license doesn't support Web Presence Builder, but the customer's control panel still shows "Sites published with Web Presence Builder" in Account > Resources. I don't see any way of disabling this either.
You need to setup limit of Web Presence Builder sites to zero in Service Plan or Subscription settings.

Hi Toxalot,

Noted regarding no license for WPB and "Sites published with Web Presence Builder" in Account > Resources.
It seems a little issue that will be resolved in next micro updates.

Thanks for sharing!

Here's another one.

When I hover over the "Create E-mail Address" button in the Mail tab of the customer's control panel, the tool tip says "To create a business e-mail address not associated with any particular user (like sales at mycompany.com), go to the Mailing Lists tab, and create a mailing list."

I don't have Mailing Lists enabled. There is no Mailing Lists tab.

Did you note this one as well?

Mail-only Users

This is related to permissions rather than license, but same idea.

If you create a user role with no permissions, you can allow the user to log into panel and manage his own email/profile and nothing else. This is perfect for many of our users. BUT - the mail tab (which is the first thing they click on) links to the Users tab for changing passwords. They don't have access to the Users tab. They would change their password on the Profile tab. The user's name (beside 'Assigned to') also links to the Users tab.

It's confusing for users.

There should be no links to the Users tab if the user does not have the required permission. When the address being edited matches the logged in user, the password link should take the user directly to the password change form on the Profile tab.

Attachments

• mail-tab.png
    mail-tab.png
    18 KB · Views: 7
  • permission-denied.png
    permission-denied.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 7
Back