• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS-records I recently modified on Master DNS-server sets the SOA-record to the 2nd

Frater

Regular Pleskian
I wrote a script to test the integrity of my DNS and run it from time to time on my server...

I just ran it today and it discovered I suddenly have 5 domains with SOA-records that doesn't point to itself.
They point to the secondary nameserver.

They are records that exist for years and were for sure correct before (I know this because of that script).

If I do a "restore defaults" it isn't corrected and if I switch to slave and then back to master it doesn't change either...

The file /var/named/run-root/var/obfuscated.com is updated, but the slave-DNS stays in that file...
The only way I'm able to correct it is by deleting the NS-record with the slave DNS and adding it again.

I assume there's some mechanism that scans the NS-records and then decides to make that one the SOA.
This has always worked fine... also on this server.

Funny you mention it....
I have a problem with adding new zones. They are not added to the slave server.
After they are manually added there, the syncing works as it should.

That slave server is 3rd party and I have to debug it together with them.
Thus far we can't find the reason.
They are using that slave server for their Plesk servers and some other 3rd parties and they don't have a problem.

I haven't seen any reports of the slave server not working.
Could you point me to it?
That server was running 10.x and it wasn't working then. (for new zones)

Could I have an answer?
I really want my 11.53 version to properly work with my secondary DNS

Back