• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

dns serving in geographically dispersed areas

I

ilustrate

i was talking to a buddy of mine about 20 hours from me who also manages a VPS server using plesk. He also has two dedicated IP's to handle his nameserving for his Domains under his plesk panel account. We have wanted to improve our rating in a DNS report by DNSstuff the following is what a simple DNS report says about our Domains WARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location. How could we make the settings in our Plesk account for each other? Where he serves mine, and I server his?

Using the Plesk control panel would not be the easiest thing to setup what you want, it can be done, uses licenses on your Plesk box though. You would have to create all the domains and set the domain's DNS to be 'slave' to the other server's IP (master). Do this on each server.

As an alternative, you may want to check either of the following:

Atomicrocketturtle's Automatic Secondary DNS
http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/m...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=17&page=1

4PSA's DNS Manager
http://www.4psa.com/products/4psadnsmanager.php

Personally what I do is run separate non-Plesk boxes which do nothing but run BIND and are on separate Class C networks.

[p.s. your PM box is full, so you did not receive my last reply]

I would use 4PSA's DNS Manager. I use it for DNS redundancy, same two name servers for ALL psa servers, and I host DNS for a couple buddies right now.

It is a very nice program :) It also comes with a bunch of interface scripts so you can remotely update zones using virtually any control panel or none at all.

-poke

Hey ilustrate, your PM box is full... PM me your email please...

Back