• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Docker persistent storage not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 209767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 209767

Server operating system version
CentOS
Plesk version and microupdate number
last
I installed Grafana with Docker using Plesk, but every time the container is restarted I lose all my settings and it resets everything to default.

I've read those articles and I understand I have to set up persistent storage:
Using Docker – Container Settings - Documentation from Plesk Knowledge Base
Using Docker
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...How-to-map-volumes-in-Docker-on-Plesk-server-

But what is the exact path that I need to use in the volume mapping inputs? I tried various different paths but it never works, no files are saved in the folder, and settings are lost on each container restart

I'm talking about those 2 inputs:
1671736820167.png

Any help? Official instructions are very confusing and I'm being denied access to support because our server runs CentOS

and I'm being denied access to support because our server runs CentOS
Sure you can get support. CentOS is widely used, and Plesk support staff is well trained.

No. This is the message I get when I try to open a support ticket. Very frustrating to waste money paying monthly fees on a product and be declined access to support.

1671836319384.png

1671836457208.png

No. This is the message I get when I try to open a support ticket. Very frustrating to waste money paying monthly fees on a product and be declined access to support.
Sorry to read that you are experiencing difficulties with support. Please let me clarify the message: You are not being declined support access. The message is only asking to use an up-to-date Plesk version. There are so many changes between versions that it is impossible to provide support for all outdated versions. Just consider the enormous number of changes, new features and bug fixes in versions .48 and .49. Yours is still .41.

Your subscription includes free upates, and updating Plesk is extremely easy. It can be done with a few clicks.

While you are at it, please consider to allow automatic updates for Plesk. This will ensure that you always get bug fixes and the latest features.

Thanks for the answer, but I'm confused because on this page it says Plesk will provide tech support for CentOS 8 only until April 12, 2022:

The last support ticket I tried to open, I received the auto-reply that I screenshotted above. It says Plesk does not accept support requests from servers with OS not listed on this page:
and CentOS 8 is not on the lifecycle policy page

I wish updates were extremely easy, but unfortunately we have this problem on 3 servers:
1671874202251.png
We had auto updates but a few months ago it stopped working suddenly

Will definitely switch to RockyLinux in the future, just not ready to do it now

You did not mention your OS version before. You only mentioned "CentOS", so I could not know that you are using an outdated, end of life version. Plesk does not support end of life operating system versions, because there are not updates, no bugfixes and there is completely unreliable behavior of third-party-components on them. CentOS 8 was end of life last year.

I recommend using the Plesk Migrator extension to migrate to Almalinux. Rock Linux is only used by a very few, Plesk will focus on Alma, so you'll be much better of with that.

Back