• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Creation Hang due to IP Address Resolution

B

brandonp

I've spent the past hour trying to understand why Plesk was hanging on a Domain Creation. It would just sit there saying 'Please Wait .. Loading". I was starting to think that something was completely wrong with the server.

Come to find out that the problem came from the fact that the Domain Name is currently set to a completely different IP Address under DNS. I'm not able to completely finish the Domain Creation due to this issue. I'm trying to get the domain name prepped before we make the change to the DNS settings, I would assume that this is reasonably common.

What can I do to get around this IP Address resolution check?

--
Brandon Petersen
http://www.brandonpetersen.com/

I've never waited more than a couple minutes max if the domain doesn't resolve in plesk and then plesk gives the resolve error.

You can still work with the data, but you are saying you can't even create physical hosting for the new domain?

We quite often create domains in advance on production servers, as well as fictional test domains (which obviously won't resolve) on our test servers, and have never had Plesk totally hang and never complete the creation. It just comes up with the warning message about the domain resolving to another IP address than the one we chose on our servers, then lets us finish setting up the domain hosting.

Back