1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Drweb can't update

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PhilM, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. PhilM

    PhilM Guest

    0
     
    I did search the forums and googled as well but with no luck.
    When I try to manually update the virus definitions I get the following
    /opt/drweb/update/update.pl
    Can not fetch http://update.drweb.com/unix/drweb32.lst
    Can not fetch http://update.us.drweb.com/unix/drweb32.lst
    Can not fetch http://update.msk.drweb.com/unix/drweb32.lst
    Can not fetch drweb32.lst from any known update servers. at /opt/drweb/update/update.pl line 102.

    When I go to the sites listed manually it looks like the file is available. Since I am not getting the bad license error I don't think it is my licenses...
    I am running 7.5.2 on FC1.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    Phil
     
  2. chrander

    chrander Guest

    0
     
    Several days ago I took on the task of trying to become more familiar with how Dr.Web worked and tried to update the virus definations on my server using the same script you mentioned and received the same error message. As Dr.Web needs to have updates on a constant basis I figured that Plesk had setup a Crontab script to handle that chore and decided to see if their script was different than the one provided in the user manual.

    I clicked on Crontab, and then selected: drweb (Dr.Web(R) daemon account)

    The following Crontab task was shown:

    /opt/drweb/update/update.pl >/dev/null 2>&1

    This particular task is scheduled to run twice every hour.

    I checked out the following directory: /var/drweb/bases and determined that my server had an up to date virus definition file, which meant that the Crontab task was working. I hope this info helps...
     
  3. PhilM

    PhilM Guest

    0
     
    I went into the directory that you listed and see that there are files but the newest one is January 18. I also see that the DRweb site has updates listed already for February. I listed what I have in /var/drweb/bases below:

    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 35669 Nov 2 09:20 drw43201.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 11976 Sep 3 16:56 drw43202.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 9587 Aug 30 10:45 drw43203.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 15610 Sep 5 11:39 drw43204.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 12099 Sep 12 14:52 drw43205.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 15123 Sep 19 11:35 drw43206.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 14020 Sep 26 15:56 drw43207.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 13105 Nov 15 20:32 drw43208.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 14562 Oct 10 15:46 drw43209.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 11211 Nov 15 20:32 drw43210.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 12120 Oct 24 11:33 drw43211.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 12393 Oct 31 15:06 drw43212.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 9975 Nov 7 12:06 drw43213.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 6970 Nov 14 16:06 drw43214.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 12379 Dec 1 05:06 drw43215.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 11956 Dec 1 05:06 drw43216.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 12158 Dec 5 16:36 drw43217.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 11496 Dec 12 13:46 drw43218.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 9425 Dec 20 10:06 drw43219.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 13196 Dec 26 12:06 drw43220.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 9189 Jan 2 15:06 drw43221.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 11209 Jan 9 11:36 drw43222.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 10523 Jan 16 11:49 drw43223.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 1021320 Nov 2 09:20 drwebase.vdb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 drweb drweb 2850 Jan 18 08:03 drwtoday.vdb
     
  4. chrander

    chrander Guest

    0
     
    You mentioned that you checked out the /var/drweb/bases directory and found no recent virus definitions, but you didn't say whether or not you tried running: /opt/drweb/update/update.pl >/dev/null 2>&1 or verified that a Crontab task had been setup by Plesk on your box.
     
  5. Whistler

    Whistler Guest

    0
     
  6. wintech2003@

    wintech2003@ Guest

    0
     
    Thanks Whistler,

    I also was geting the same error like PhilM and solved it by changing the perl script the way you say on your other post.

    Thanks :D
     
  7. PhilM

    PhilM Guest

    0
     
    Thanks for the info Whistler. I made the modification listed in the other thread and the update script now populates new files in the base directory. Thanks again.
    -Phil
     
Loading...