• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DrWeb Key Issues

Lloyd_mcse

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone can help...

I got a Cron email saying my key was blocked or something..

/etc/cron.daily/drweb-update:
ERROR: Dr.Web Updater: Key is wrong or has been blocked !

it seems ok today, the Cron email said it updated but it fails to start from Plesk...

Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by drwebmng: /opt/psa/admin/bin/drwebmng[46706]: Unable to start drweb antivirus daemon
('--start', 'drweb')

And via SSH I got...

# service drwebd start
Starting Dr.Web drwebd...
Dr.Web (R) daemon for Linux/Plesk Edition v6.0.2.1
Copyright (c) Igor Daniloff, 1992-2015
Doctor Web, Moscow, Russia
Support service: http://support.drweb.com
To purchase: http://buy.drweb.com
Key file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key - Key file was not found! (No such file or directory)
A path to a valid license key file was not specified.
Plesk authorization failed: HTTP request error [35]
Error: Plesk Software not running.

It's correct, there is no key file there, just the one in /etc/drweb/plesk.key, but it's wrong as Plesk is running, so I'm not sure, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards

Lloyd

EDIT: Running Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and Plesk 12.0.18 #30

Last edited:
Hi Lloyd_mcse,

Parallels Premium Antivirus supports only the first 14 eMail - accounts on your server for free. After this amount, you have to buy an extended key, which then should be added over the Plesk Control Panel.
If you use the command "/etc/init.d/drwebd restart", you should get a list of the protected eMail - accounts.

Hi UFHH01,
Thanks for the info, but this server only had 4 email accounts on it. I'm pretty sure it started after the #30 update.
It doesn't matter now anyway, a separate issue forced me to rebuild this system.
Thanks again for the info
Kind regards

Lloyd

Ok, I have to reopen this thread, as I'm still having the issue on 2x Ubuntu servers one 12.04.5 and the other 14.04.2 LTS.
Both servers have less than 14 email accounts (including aliases).
Looking in syslog I see...
Code:
Mar 11 10:42:04 servername qmail-queue[8386]: dwlib: fd: connect() failed - Connection refused
Mar 11 10:42:04 servername qmail-queue[8386]: dwlib: tcp: connecting to 127.0.0.1:3000 - failed
Mar 11 10:42:04 servername qmail-queue[8386]: dwlib: cannot create connection with a DrWeb daemon

Since we're using Postfix I wanted to clarify if this is correct? Is it a symptom or perhaps a cause?
I don't see postfix/qmgr trying to connect.

I notice that /etc/drweb/drweb_handler.conf still has...
Code:
# Name of the mail system
MailSystem = QMail

and
Code:
# qmail-queue program path
QmailQueue =

Can anyone help clarify exactly what is going on.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Back