• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dumb Question, Quick Answer

E

eewd

I'm using Plesk 7.0.2 for windows. Thinking of upgrading...

Is it free? I ran the installer - but it said something about having to get new keys or something and it scared me off!

If it is free then that's great, i'll manage the rest myself.

Cheers,

Andy

New Keys means exactly that. You have to purchase new keys for all the extra add-ons you would like to run on the control panel.

Plesk sales person told me that you can get automatic version updating for first year for free.

So I bought licence in January 2005 for Plesk 7, and got my key. Plesk 7.5 comes out a couple of months later. I downloaded the new version 7.5.1 from plesk download section.

At the bottom of the download page there is and "Plesk Key Updater" link. I went there filled the form with my original key information and the system automatictally emailed me a new key.

I had installed 7.5.1 and in admin/server/licence management inputted the new key.

The sales person told me after first year -- I could continue to get free upgrades but I would have to renew licence cost at $whatever amount.

So try the "Plesk Key Updater" ... I would assume it would tell you whether you are allowed to get new key or not right away.

Good luck.

Back