• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email are being moved to JUNK (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail)

Pedro Reinoso

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

The issue i'm presenting is that when i send an email to my account HOTMAIL, the email is being received on JUNK folder,

Version : Plesk 12.5.30

Please if you need another information just ask me, thanks for you help.

Regards

I would like to focus your attention that when you post any mail related issue - please be so kind to add related part of maillog at least. Usually, it helps a lot.
And please check this KB article - https://kb.plesk.com/en/127894
Maybe it is your case?

ok... lets move on with that...
have you checked if you are on spam lists?

multirbl.valli.org/index.php

just input your IP address and check...

Ok first of all you need to setup RDNS on your server so your mail software can identify and pass some checks...
That you should ask to your provider a PTR record on your IP

For example.... mail.yourdomain PTR 69.64.62.126
so when you check with dig -x 69.64.62.126 the answer should be mail.yourprincipaldomain

are you certain your SPF + DK + DKIM is working fine?
an error on DKIM or SPF can make all this happen

And certainly you having not setup RDNS makes things worse as the domain of your provider is flagged on several lists... once your IP resolves to your domain... things will get better

And the problem might be also spam... real spam... maybe one of your accounts is sending unsolicited mail.... or a bogus script on your server...

Back