• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email forwarding not working

J

jeffiec

I am kinda new to Plesk, but I haven't found any documentation on email forwarding, other than what I have already done. I set an email forward without a mailbox and I get no emails sent to the address. So I created another address, with a box and I get the emails in the box, but no forwarding. Am I doing something wrong, does an email forward require a mailbox, if so why? I dont want to check that account, I want it to eventually forward to several people at once.
Thanks for your help.
Jeff

No takers? I cant be the only one this happened to.
Thanks again.
Jeff

I am working on a possibilty this an MX record thing.
can someone tell me if this is right?
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<domain>. NS ns.<domain>.
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
mail.windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. A 216.69.167.69
ns.<domain>. A <ip>
ns1.windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. A 216.69.167.69
ns2.windowsolution4u.com.<domain>. A 216.69.167.69
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>
webmail.windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. A 216.69.167.69
windowsolution4u.com.<domain>. NS ns2.windowsolutions4u.com.
windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. A 216.69.167.69
windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. MX (50) mail.windowsolutions4u.com.
windowsolutions4u.com.<domain>. NS ns1.windowsolutions4u.com.

Thanks
Jeff

I too have a problem with email forwarding. However, it is only when sending to an AOL account. Are you sedning to an AOL account? I have tried all osrts of solutions and find the problem is with AOL.

I have an email account: [email protected] and I just need it to be automatically forwarded to 3 other email accounts. CPanel has a very simple way to do this, I can't figure it out in Plesk.

Back