1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Encoding issue with Plesk Sitebuilder

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 4.2 for Linux' started by balebond, May 30, 2008.

  1. balebond

    balebond Guest

    0
     
    I believe we have all our settings correctly configured per documentation, yet on our sitebuilder subdomain there are several encoding issues resulting in garbage characters.

    It actually only became an issue after putting Sitebuilder in https mode. A necessity in our case.

    Our encoding settings all show UTF-8 per the check.php (I've included an attachment of that as well)

    Please help us correct the issue or determine if this is a bug.

    Thanks,
    James
     

    Attached Files:

  2. balebond

    balebond Guest

    0
     
    just me eh? Any thoughts? Bueller?
     
  3. Dmitry Frantsev

    Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

    28
    57%
    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2005
    Messages:
    1,911
    Likes Received:
    0
    When I loaded your Sitebuilder (http://sitebuilder.websiteinseconds.com) I got the same texts as you have. I checked encoding which was used and it was ISO-8859-1. I changed it in my FireFox browser -> View -> Character Encoding to UTF-8 and everything started to be displayed correctly. You can check it in the attachment.
    Try to play with encoding in you browser. Also, make sure that Sitebuilder apache configuration file includes following line:

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    and check the same parameter in main apache configuration file. Try to set UTF-8 if you have anything else, restart apache and check this situation one more time.
     

    Attached Files:

  4. balebond

    balebond Guest

    0
     
    thanks for the reply

    Sorry for the delayed follow up. Our host assured us that those settings are in effect on our server:

    "
    Good afternoon,


    Your sitebuilder Config is set that way:
    conf/sitebuilder.conf.llbak: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    conf/sitebuilder.conf: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    "



    Is it possible that this is a bug from the SSL mode? That's when this issue cropped up.

    I also noticed that setting the charset in the browser fixed the issue but that's also not a solution for our clients.

    Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
     
  5. Dmitry Frantsev

    Dmitry Frantsev Golden Pleskian

    28
    57%
    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2005
    Messages:
    1,911
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, I see that encoding is set up correctly in Sitebuilder configuration file. When Sitebuilder panel is loaded in browser we can see that different encoding is used by default, so it seems there is a place in apache configuration where default encoding is re-written to different one. If it is possible, you should ask system administrator to check all places where "AddDefaultCharset" directive defined and included into apache configuraiton.
     
Loading...