• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Encoding issue with Plesk Sitebuilder

B

balebond

I believe we have all our settings correctly configured per documentation, yet on our sitebuilder subdomain there are several encoding issues resulting in garbage characters.

It actually only became an issue after putting Sitebuilder in https mode. A necessity in our case.

Our encoding settings all show UTF-8 per the check.php (I've included an attachment of that as well)

Please help us correct the issue or determine if this is a bug.

Thanks,
James

Attachments

• Encode issue Example 1.png
    Encode issue Example 1.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Encode issue Example 3 - Trial site.png
    Encode issue Example 3 - Trial site.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Encode issue Example 2 - UTF- 8.png
    Encode issue Example 2 - UTF- 8.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 51
When I loaded your Sitebuilder (http://sitebuilder.websiteinseconds.com) I got the same texts as you have. I checked encoding which was used and it was ISO-8859-1. I changed it in my FireFox browser -> View -> Character Encoding to UTF-8 and everything started to be displayed correctly. You can check it in the attachment.
Try to play with encoding in you browser. Also, make sure that Sitebuilder apache configuration file includes following line:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

and check the same parameter in main apache configuration file. Try to set UTF-8 if you have anything else, restart apache and check this situation one more time.

Attachments

• wizard_image.jpg
    wizard_image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 41
thanks for the reply

Sorry for the delayed follow up. Our host assured us that those settings are in effect on our server:

"
Good afternoon,

Your sitebuilder Config is set that way:
conf/sitebuilder.conf.llbak: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
conf/sitebuilder.conf: AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
"

Is it possible that this is a bug from the SSL mode? That's when this issue cropped up.

I also noticed that setting the charset in the browser fixed the issue but that's also not a solution for our clients.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Yes, I see that encoding is set up correctly in Sitebuilder configuration file. When Sitebuilder panel is loaded in browser we can see that different encoding is used by default, so it seems there is a place in apache configuration where default encoding is re-written to different one. If it is possible, you should ask system administrator to check all places where "AddDefaultCharset" directive defined and included into apache configuraiton.

Back