• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error Backup FTP

JoseRu

New Pleskian
I upgraded Plesk 11.5 to the latest version 12.0.08 # 5 and now I can not configure the external FTP backup I get the error:

Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Timeout was reached.

Also failing the backup shows this error:

Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126 'at / opt / psa / admin / bin / plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

And this one:

Can not upload file 'domains/domain.tld/backup_domain.tld_info_1406210716.xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

my SO Debian 6.0.8

Please could you tell me how to fix this error?

thanks.

Hello. I can't reproduce your problem. Is Problem actual yet?
If yes, can you tell which FTP server do you use?
Also you can send me backup logs (/var/log/plesk/PMM/ folder) in private message. But turn on logging and debug mode before and wait at least 1 backup execution.

To turn on logging for scheduled backup: "INSERT INTO `psa`.`misc` VALUES ('verbose_scheduled_backup_logs', 'true')".
To turn on debug mode:
- rename /opt/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini.sample to "panel.ini"
- Open this file and uncomment line "enabled = on" in "[debug]" section.
- Uncomment lines "filter.priority = 7", "show.util_exec = on", "show.sql_query = on" and "show.util_exec_io = on" in "[log]" section.

Last edited:
The rotate bug was fixed in microupdate 6.

No, I've installed MU6 but I still get the error.
"ERROR: () Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041."

Plesk 12.0.18 #6 on debian 7.5. backuping to ftp.

Last edited:
Hello all,
here is my error too :
Code:
Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '121' at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.
I am running Plesk 12.0.18 #6 (build 1200140606.15) on a dedicated server (dedibox.fr genuine intel Xeon CPU E3-1240 v2 at 3.40Ghz) running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (12.04 3.2.0.24-generic).
I read #6 or 5 solved the problem and plesk had to be restated. That is what I did yesterday dans this morning I have the same exact error. Do you think I have to restart the server ?
For information I backup this server on another dedicated serveur (clone of the first one) with the same configuration in the same company (dedibox).
the generated files is quite big (13.1Go saved), that may be the cause, but this should NOT bother nowadays.

Do you know where it comes from ? Can you quickly find a fix ?
Thanks al lot
Regards
Kris

Good Day,

i have the same problem. Please fix it !!

ERROR: () Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

hmh, thats funny... I don't understood it^^, because i have the newest version of plesk, server is up to date, but i get the error message, and my backup is not complete :D

I try to reproduce your problem, but I still can't do it.
I have one idea. Can you send me content of your /tmp/autoinstaller3.log file in PM?

Hello,

I have the same problem.
My configuration is :

Plesk version: 12.0.18 Update #10

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Thibault

Ok, yesterday i turned on debugging mode and the log.
The files located /var/log/plesk/PMM/ seems to be empty.
Do i have to look at this kind of file ? "backup-2014-09-09-04-07-01-143"

Every now and then I have the same error:
Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

But the Backup seems to run anyways, at least the backup file is on the remote ftp.
Sept 28, 2014 05:44 AMDS3-ns3365728_Personal FTPFailed

Remote FTP recent files list:
on.png

Sept 29, 2014 05:44 AMDS3-ns3365728__1409290544.tar4.97 GB
on.png

Sept 28, 2014 05:44 AMDS3-ns3365728__1409280544.tar4.95 GB
on.png

Sept 27, 2014 05:44 AMDS3-ns3365728__1409270544.tar4.92 GB

The error occours once in a blue moon and despite the error the backup seems to still run, the very next day the error doesnt happen and everything is normal until the next time it happens again.
I would say the error occours once every 2 or 3 months, out of the blue, for no reason (the ftp is never even close to be full since it only has at most 70GB out of max 100GB, backup file takes less then 5GB)

I do a full server backup every night to the remote ftp.
Plesk Version: 12.0.18 Update #18

On the backup settings i specified to keep 15 days worth of backups on the remote ftp

Hello, I have similar issue. I'm on Centos 6.5 final and Plesk 12.0.8 #19
Here It is my log:
ERROR: () Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

ERROR: () Can't upload file 'cronos_info_1410110001.xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

WARNING: (hosting object 'svm25922.vps.editions.it') Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/svm25922.vps.editions.it successfully. /bin/tar: httpdocs/test/python/test.pyc: Cannot stat: Permission denied
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
*svm25922.vps.editions.it (is an imported profile from another Plesk 11.5 server)
Also I can say after the first external FTP backup settings I have made, now, when I click on the Personal FTp archive Tab It keeps more than 5 mins to load the page ....
Please help us to fix the issue I'm not able to have a complete backup and I can't upload to our ftp storage
Thanks

I am having the exact same problems as ebarete since a couple of days, probably since 12.0.18 Update 19 got installed.
Debian 7.0 here. Backup processes are just idling and keep ftp connection open. The backup is stored on the local server, but upload fails

Error:
Unable to rotate dump: The dump rotation is failed with code '126' at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1041.

Error:
Can't upload file 'backup_info_1410150827.xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

Back