• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error code 1: Can't detect .NET version when requesting Let's Encrypt cert

wst

New Pleskian
Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for xxx.be
Details
Could not assign certificate to the domain. stdout: An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: aspnetcfg failed: Can't detect .NET version. Possible site does not use ASP.NET

(Error code 1)
, stderr:

I have an asp.net core 3.1 website and when trying to renew let's encrypt with www options enabled (exept mail acess (not secured) (IMAP, ...)) I get this message.

If I click "ASP.NET Settings" for the domain I get

Server Error

500 PleskUtilException​

aspnetcfg failed: Can't detect .NET version. Possible site does not use ASP.NET (Error code 1)
TypePleskUtilException
Messageaspnetcfg failed: Can't detect .NET version. Possible site does not use ASP.NET (Error code 1)
FileAgent.php
Line196

ok i'll try that.

Why is there "Microsoft ASP support", "Microsoft ASP.NET support (Version 4.8.0)"
but where is the ASP.NET Core support option? As Plesk supports ASP.NET Core and this differes a lot from ASP or ASP.NET...

Ok @IgorG this fixed the issue and cert will be automatically renewed. Thanks.

Still wondering where the ASP.NET Core support option is.

1. Now I'm having the same on a subdomain, but the fix isn't working.

Details
Could not assign certificate to the domain. stdout: An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: aspnetcfg failed: Can't detect .NET version. Possible site does not use ASP.NET

(Error code 1)
, stderr:

also when disabling and enabling ASP.NET support and as the fix suggested, the No managed code is reset in IIS --> result asp.net core 5.0 site crashes.

I got it working by:

1. first disabling asp.net support
  2. enabling asp.net support
  3. requesting / reloading new let's encrypt cert.
  4. opening IIS --> advanced properties --> set to "No manged code" and set 32-bit support to False.

@plesk support: Question: what will happen when let's encrypt renews cert? will my site crash automatically again? or will the cert not renew??

Last edited:
Back