• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error in migration due to SQL problem

EnriqueR

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46 Update 2
I have a server running CentOS 6.10 Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.31 Update 3. I want to migrate all subscriptions to another Server running Ubuntu 20.04.5 Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46 Update 2.

The problem is that when I give new migration, when trying to connect to the CentOS server, I get the following error:

Failed to generate migration list file
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" mysql --silent --skip-column-names -u admin psa -e 'SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '"'"'socket'"'"''
exit code: 7
stdout:
stderr: mysql: unknown variable 'wait_timeout=31536000'

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have added the 'wait_timeout' tag to the my.cnf file (because it didn't exist), but it still gives me the same error. Can you help me to know the reason for this error?

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 3
Make sure that this variable 'wait_timeout=31536000' is enabled for some reasons in /etc/my.cnf config file.
Comment it and restart MySQL service.

Ok, the problem was that I understood that the change had to be made on the source server, but not is so, the change had to be made on the destination server, which in my case is Ubuntu.

Back