• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error installing Plesk CP after installing Sitebuilder

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
Does anyone know the procedures for installing
Sitebuilder standalone first then installing Plesk CP afterwards, on the same machine?

I like the capability to specify repository and site locations in Sitebuilder, so I want to use the standalone install, but if I install Sitebuilder by itself, first, on the same machine, then install Plesk afterwards, Plesk wants to know the SQL username and password to access the sql server. The instance is sqlexpress, the machine is local, the username and password that plesk wants to use is SA but i dont know what password it wants to use in SQL. Since Plesk is not installed yet, I cannot specify the SA username/password, and since SQL is already installed, I can change it to anything, but I dont' know what to make it.

I really think we should all get together and ask Parallels to put this ability into Plesk full package, so that we have more admin controls in Sitebuilder. If you install Plesk full/complete package, that includes Sitebuilder, we have no control to specify Sitebuilder info, such as SQL config/username/password, repository and site locations, etc.

Thanks,

Why don't you install Plesk CP and after that install Sitebuilder with custom installation where it is possible to select all paths (for sites and repository)? This way looks fine.
In situation if installation was already done and paths are default ones it would be possible to change paths manually.
For this all Sitebuilder services and application pools should be stopped. After that you will need to find all definitions for these paths. Basically these paths defined in config files like Sitebuilder\Web\web.config and configuration files in Sitebuilder\Utils folder, like
DBPreUpdaterUtil.exe.config
DBUpdaterUtil.exe.config
SBBackup.exe.config
SBResetPassword.exe.config

In default installation you need to search for something like this:
<siteRepository path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\SiteBuilder\Sites"/>
<add key="RepositoryFolder" value="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\SiteBuilder\Repository"/>

and update these paths.
After that content from old folders should be copied to new folders.

As for 'SA' user password, actually, I did not get the issue. During Plesk installation use defined 'sa' user password. By default it is empty, as I know.

Hope this information helps somehow.

Back