• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Error message from chagnge hosting type

AllenTeng

New Pleskian
Hi:
We met an error message from Change Hosting Type with Plesk interface.

Does anyone try to help us?
Thanks a lot.

"Error: hosting update is failed: f2bmng failed: ERROR:__main__:Command ['set', 'plesk-wordpress', 'addlogpath', '/mnt/disks/home2/system/photobook.com.tw/logs/error_log'] failed with error IOError(13, 'Permission denied')

Judging from the error message ("Permission denied") I'd guess you should check the permissions and ownership of the file "/mnt/disks/home2/system/photobook.com.tw/logs/error_log". Also check the permissions of all directories above this file and make sure the group "psaserv" has the execute bit set on them.

You may also try to run "plesk repair fs" on your domain to detect any wrong permissions.

Hi EmmanuelD:
Thanks for reply.

I do run "plesk repair fs" and one error has been fixed.
Then I still failed on created an subscription "photobook.com.tw" .

There is no folder "photobook.com.tw" therefore I can't check permssions of it.

Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

You're searching in the wrong path. The file in question is in /mnt/disks/home2/system/photobook.com.tw/logs

Just to throw in my 2 pennys worth of thought...
Look at the error message closely:
Error: hosting update is failed: f2bmng failed:

Now i would take that as a big indication that there is someting wrong with fail2ban.

That combined with an Input/Output error
IOError(13, 'Permission denied')
would point at corruption of Fail2Ban.

Remove Fail2Ban completely (temporarily), see if changing host type works, and than re-install and configure F2B.

Just to throw in my 2 pennys worth of thought...
Look at the error message closely:

Now i would take that as a big indication that there is someting wrong with fail2ban.

That combined with an Input/Output error

would point at corruption of Fail2Ban.

Remove Fail2Ban completely (temporarily), see if changing host type works, and than re-install and configure F2B.

These are all symptoms of an overly-strict SELinux ruleset. Definitely start by doing this command, and see if it all works:
Code:
setenforce 0
then see this page: HowTos/SELinux - CentOS Wiki

Back