• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error migrating from plesk 12.5 to plesk 17

Antrax1

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have this error migrating from plesk 12.5 to plesk 17:
Code:
Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20161101090640/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20161101090640/ssh_upload.1 [email protected]:/tmp/version
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: Permission denied (password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.1]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

IP was changed to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

I see this solution https://kb.plesk.com/en/129028 but the solution is install the latest MU and I have the last version.

¿How can solve this?

Can you login as root user via ssh protocol from source server to target server without any problems?

Yes, I can access the server without any problems. I have tested in the two directions without any problems.

Also i disabled firewall, Fail2ban, modsecurity, and I updated the server 1 to the version 17 of plesk for them two servers have the same version panel.

Last edited:
Do you have root home dir customized as it is described in KB article?

If yes, on the source server, specify correct path to key files in DEFAULT_AUTHORIZED_KEYS_LOCATIONS parameter of
/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/ssh_key_pool.pyfile:

DEFAULT_AUTHORIZED_KEYS_LOCATIONS = [
# On certain configurations, there is only the second file enabled,
# so configure keys in both of the files
'/root/subdirectory/.ssh/authorized_keys',
'/root/subdirectory/.ssh/authorized_keys2'

No, I have the default dir:

/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
/root/.ssh/authorized_keys2

can it be a problem with the file permissions?

Back