• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error when add domain to second dedicated ip.

Rhodwulf

New Pleskian
Hello

I have Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update # 21 installed on CentOS Linux 7.3.1611.

My problem is this:

I added a second domain to plesk.
I have added a domain associated with this new dedicated ip.

IP dedicates 1= 1.1.1.1
IP dedicates 2= 2.2.2.2

Domain 1= mydomain1.com
Domain 2= mydomain2.com

1.1.1.1 <=> mydomain1.com
2.2.2.2 <=> mydomain2.com

When I try to access the site (domain2.com) I do not see anything at all, nor does the plesk preview work.

When I access through the domain name and preview I see "This site can not be accessed". This in the preview is rare because the call to the site is supposed to do it, so to speak, "locally" from the same panel. I also try with the ip, but I send the same error. It is not DNS configuration error since the other ip I have it with another domain (domain1.com), and works perfectly.

I have the feeling that the domain was not properly added to the plesk database.

Because at first I had problems installing the PHPBB application, it sent me a series of errors that I managed to solve through the terminal with the command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain domain2.com . Currently I have the application installed but it is as if the new ip address did not redirect me to the files on my server, I do not really know.

I have not really found more information about what I can do, that's why I created this message. Any idea what I should do? If you need any other information about a "LOG" please let me know.

I have solved the "problem".

And is that in the control panel of 1and1 (where I have my server hosted), I had not noticed that for the new ip is necessary a new firewall policy, so what I did was copy the firewall policy of my first ip and the "problem" was solved.

It really sounds absurd, but I thought the policies were applied not to an ip if not to the server in general, ie I did not know that it is necessary to create new policies for each new ip.

In order that, finally this solved this "problem"

And I leave this solution for those who like me to have this "problem" and have not noticed this configuration.

What is the content of /etc/network/interfaces?
I added two IPv4 for own DNS, but as shared. I would recommend to add them with service program "reconfigurator.pl".
Everything is wonderfully described in this support thread.Don't wonder about the word changing mass ip-addresses.
It works fine by only adding one IP.
But it depends sometimes on your provider. Mine is 1and1 and therefor it's recommended to change the primary network interface DHCP to static.

This is my configuration since half an year.
Code:
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 217.100.999.000 **(<-- standard IPv4)**
netmask 255.255.255.255
gateway 10.255.255.1
pointopoint 10.255.255.1

auto eth0:1