• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error when creating a new e-mail account on Paralles Plesk Panel 11.5.30 Update #14

FanisT

New Pleskian
(Solved) Error when creating a new e-mail account on Paralles Plesk Panel 11.5.30

This is a fresh install on Hetzner dedicated server running Debian 7.

I created my (own) first subscription, tried to make my first mail acount and i get this error:

Error: mailmng[11194]: Can't read encryption key from '/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd_db_key': No such file or directory (2) mailmng[11194]: Failed to initialize encryption cipher 'AES-256-CBC:pKCS' with key '/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd_db_key' mailmng[11194]: Failed to initialize password cipher context (for mail address '[email protected]') unable to set password System error 2: No such file or directory

plesk-panel-mail-create-error.jpg

Last edited:
# plesk sbin mchk --with-spam

N.B.: Usually such errors indicate that something wrong happened during installation/upgrade.

Runing "plesk sbin mchk --with-spam" solved this !

Thanks Nikolay.

As this is a fresh install, what is your recomendation ? To start all installation again.

This is easy, hetzner has an install image for whole OS and plesk.

No, it's better to search Plesk logs in /tmp (autoinstaller3.log, plesk*.log) for errors. Maybe this is Hetzner images issue. Is there a log with name similar to /tmp/reset_instance_data.log?

Back