• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Errors on Restore from 6.5.2 into 7

S

SupermanInNY

Hi Y'all,

I've tried to restore a backup from 6.5.2 that I've ran just before the upgrade.
I get an error:

Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your Setup.

Here is another problem that I found:
Well,.. bearing in mind that my case is easy to work with,.. as I have only 3 active real domains and 3 more test domains,. I've decided to give up on the restore and recreate it manually.

Well.. when I tried to create the Domain's Username (under the setup in the physical domain properties), I was notified that : "the user name is already in use"
Where is it stored at? I want to use the same names .

Well.. I would rather have the full restore utility work better from scratch.

Any takers?

-Alon.

Issue with "Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your Setup".
I'd appreciate if you give more details about problem. Please look at EventLog and post here exact message text.

Domain username problem. Plesk works with system users. Each domain should have its own user. First, It increases security on your server. Second, if user will try to login using FTP he/she will be redirected on domain folder. Terminal access won't allow to acces other folders etc.
If you want to remember username, you can name it like domain name or its part. User name is limited to 15 symbols.
You can see all users created by Plesk in management applet: right click on 'My Computer', choose Manage, Local Users and Groups -> Users. Description contains 'Created by Plesk'. Full user name describes its role in Plesk CP.

Thanks,

However, since this was a pressing issue for my customers,. I had to discard Plesk 7 upgrade, go through an OS re-install and now I'm back into 6.5.2 till this is no longer an issue.

-Alon.

You need to clear the client accounts, if they exist.

Thats the only way to successfully run the restore without getting the error, in my limited experience.

Back