• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue External SMTP Server

Scott.B

Basic Pleskian
I have Plesk 12.5.30 Update #57 running on CentOS 7.2.

I setup my plesk server to use External SMTP Server based on the this article in the docs
https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/a...il/using-plesk-without-the-mail-server.72346/

And here is how I have the settings configured.

upload_2017-1-17_11-36-19.png

However no emails are going out, no plesk emails, no user script emails nothing.

I tried checking the log file /usr/local/[sa/var/log/maillog but it is empty and I can't seem to find any other log that will point me in the right direction as to what the problem is.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Hi serverpoint,

Unfortunately neither of those articles apply to me because I removed mail server functions from the server and installed MSMTP through the Add/Remove Components in Plesk's Updates and Upgrades section.

Also the second article you referred me too is for Plesk Onyx (which I believe is Plesk 17) and I am on Plesk 12.5.

Currently if I go to Tools & Settings in Plesk and go to the Mail section I only have External SMTP Server to which I filled in the information as per screenshot in original post.

Possible causes:
- Wrong SMTP host name (unlikely)
- Port 587 blocked by firewall (likely)
- Wrong port, try 25 and 465, too
- Password missing (SMTP server needs authentication, meaning username + password) (likely, at least according to your screenshot)
- Wrong username
- Wrong password
- SMTP does not understand encrypted connection (unlikely)

Hi serverpoint,

Unfortunately neither of those articles apply to me because I removed mail server functions from the server and installed MSMTP through the Add/Remove Components in Plesk's Updates and Upgrades section.

Also the second article you referred me too is for Plesk Onyx (which I believe is Plesk 17) and I am on Plesk 12.5.

Currently if I go to Tools & Settings in Plesk and go to the Mail section I only have External SMTP Server to which I filled in the information as per screenshot in original post.

Oh okay. You should recheck the steps which Peter had updated.

Back