• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

@Cranky, thx for you quick reply, but will there be any additional applications like Typo3?, as in the Total Install from 4PSA?

Thx!

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

Pitty, but not for 4PSA :) Thx! This time let hope you are wrong ;)

- easy setup for backup mx
- impove spamassassin for users: trusted_networks, ok_languages, ok_locales and allow decimals in required hits.

I would't like to see Typo3 support and more admin levels, user levels for reseller purposes.

PHP5 Final has been released

Since PHP5 final has been released [1], i'd like to see support for it in the next PSA update :) I think i might not be the only one.

Considerations are to enable the zend.z1_compatibility_mode directive, and let the per host configuration figure out if the zend2 engine has to be enabled (maybe during Physical Hosting setup?)

Another might be a new handle for PHP files using the zend2 engine and let the zend1 and zend2 engine run seperately, handling resp. .php and .php5 files.

[1] see: http://www.php.net/

I am eager to see what the dev-team is going to do with it :)

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I'd love to see the option under client templates for the template/skin the client has.

Have just installed 7.1 so might be posting some more ideas :D

Re: Domain aliassing

Originally posted by kdejong01
- Add muliple domains to the same hosting setup. Domainaliassing

- Multiple users with administrative rights

- Authorisation for ticketsystem, so you can add people for your helpdesk.

#1: AWstats integration, a.s.a.p. because WebAlizer is not reliable. It's displaying for some customer 6x the real bandwith :( If i move the logfile to another server with AWstats, than is it displaying the real amount of bandwith usage,

It's good to see that 7.1 will be fix and add features! Thank you! Keep up the good work!

i cant believe nobody else wants domain aliasing , i know alot of people who hack this stuff manually, thats not the way such a great cp should work.

add domain aliasing to the wanted list asap ! :D

I haven't really looked into this, but how about creation utilities for the ticket system, so tickets can be created from a website too.

I would like to see the following:

1. Standard LDAP integration?
a) Optional LDAP enable.
b) Use an external LDAP server

2. High avalibility & load balancing capabilities

a) allow multiple plesk servers to be configured with the same domain with one click. of course this will require a shared storage.
b) add the same client to multiple servers.
c) add the same domain to multiple servers.
d) support for hardware load balancing.
e) software load balancing.
f) one database for all servers.

Basically speaking, I need a full replica of my single plesk server in case it goes down.

3. Web services functionality.

A few enhancements to email would be very helpful...

1) Redirect : Ability to choose between Redirect, Redirect Copy, Forward First ## characters (can be used for generating [SMS]alerts on mobiles).

2) Advanced Filters / Forwarding rules : To create rules for handling & forwarding emails. Current rules apply only for webmail interface - would be nice to have comprehensive rules at the mailbox level. (Example: If TO/CC Contain/Do Not Contain <Value Here> then Forward/Forward Copy/Move/Delete message to email/folder ). Am surprised nobody is missing this functionality so far.

3) Additional webmail options - incase someone is not happy with IMP-Horde.

4) Additional webmail clients for access via WAP (like mail2wap.com) or PDAs (like mail2pda.com).

I'd really like to see WebDAV support via the Control Panel just like that of protected directories.

Originally posted by mcahill
I'd really like to see WebDAV support via the Control Panel just like that of protected directories.
Yeah, WebDAV would be cool. I could set up iCal to publish to my Plesk server among other things. This would be super simple to implement as well.

~Matt

Webalizer should have more "clever" settings, for first, we need to remove referer from itself.

I need true referers in listing not site itself.

Something like Modernbill build in PLESK together with a payment system like PayPal would be very nice! ;)

I've said this before. A built in billing system would be a bad idea. Most of us bigger hosts provide more then just Plesk. Such as other control panels, game servers, dedicated servers, etc. If we were to integrate billing into Plesk it would mean we would have to do billing in a seperate system for our other sales. Not to mention the way SW-Soft is, we would be restricted to payment proccessors they partner with, domain registration they partnet with, etc Personally Modernbill is the best route to go at this time, and can be found for as low as $12/m with some Modernbill resellers.

How many times ;), I did not think about it this way, but probably you are right, thx for the lesson :) I already own a licence for Modernbill, but the Dutch translation is very bad so I cannot use it (yet).

Not sure to be honest, I just know we had a similar thread like this at WHT(wasn't aimed at Plesk, but general idea).

Hopefully Modernbill can straighten out the Dutch pack. I see a lot of different software have very poor Dutch translations(maybe the same person that did it for MB did it for Plesk too, lol).

I am actually experiencing the same problem with integration on Plesk 7 now. The Plesk Help Desk is now confusing my customers because we have it disabled so all users(Plesk users, other control panel users, dedicated customers, etc) will use the helpdesk on our site. The customers see this helpdesk link in the control panel and end up emailing us instead of looking on the site for the proper one.

Why not make the PLESK billing an addon then, you can chose to use it or not? See addon's aren't all bad.

1. Make the addon like the "extras" if they are not available, do not show icon at all.

2. SpamAssassin settings need an option to forward spam to a seperate email box and not just the one that it is currently filtering, this was you can forward it to your spamcop.net account ect..

3. When training your Bayes filter they need to add a "Select all as spam" for people who have a dedicated spam dropbox instead of having to click on thousands of emails to designate they are spam.

4. The ability to choose between different virus scanner backends IE, f-prot , sophos, panda ect.. And have the email virus scanning icon appear if you have any of them enabled not just for dr.web.

Back