• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature-requests for Plesk 7.1's successor

Small request.. have the default skins managed in the Skins button, as opposed to the Preferences button. Along with that, make the dropdown boxes list the skins alphabetically.

give the possibility to use third party products instead of PSA add-ons. Eg. 4PSA cleanserver instead of DrWeb. Instead of a greyed out antivirus at the mailbox there should be a link to Cleansever. Now users can do almost the same at two points in the CP,. Same for Applicationvault vs Integrator and Spamassassin vs Spamguardian or subdomains vs Totaldomains.

The integration of 4PSA for Reloaded 7.11 is better but still I have greyed out options in the mailbox pages where I would have like to see the 4PSA tools.

It'd be great to have greyed out icons simply disappear. Why do people need to see what they can't get at - even more so if it's because I didn't buy it in the license.

Exacly, It'd be fine to gray out features they can't use, but not show features that you dont' even have. Like an option to hide features your license doesn't support, or better yet list the features and then choose to hide or gray.

I also sustain the idea that the disabled functions must disapper. Over 80% of hosting users are confused by so many functions; the gray icons increase the confusion even more and generate support calls.

Actually having the "Black List" working... so when we enter domain names, they are actually blocked.

1) We spent a full day entering 290 domain names into the black list and every single one of them are still downloading in the normal emails.

Any manual or automatic spam detection would be good..... just as long as they work. downloading 1200 spam over 3 domain names is a joke!!!!

2) better documentation on the things that are already in plesk. The help files are pretty useless on a lot of topics. Read up on Black List... it just says to enter the mail domain to block... but plesk doesn't accept the "@" sign at all (its an illegal character on the black list page).

3) Change the webstats back to the old path

4) More options for clients - this would encourage the clients to actually use their control panel instead of asking for assistance all the time. (these would be pretty simple to impliment)

* Maybe a built in Search Engine submission program that we can use to submit to the major search engines. There is a lot of them out there, and we can just update them through the plesk control panel.

* Lilnk checker that wont show up in the stats - server side

5) Some more options to make things easier on us... Maybe so we can integrate our websites in with the plesk server. Just some good instructions on how we can setup hosting by a click of a button (by the user).

I know this can be done, the 3rd party packages that are available on the SWSoft website do this. We just need a few descent instructions so we can figure it out ourselves. The instructions you guys supply are pretty weak.

Well thats it for now from me !!!!

A new one I just noticed.. the little checkbox next to 'Mailbox' when creating a new mail alias isn't obvious enough for new users.. the setup should be much more 'Step' driven. (Ie: Step1: Choose a name, Step2: Choose what you want this address to do, etc)

Also, don't remember if I've said it, but prefix domains with username_, then create something a-la symlinks from new to old db's so that no scripts break.

Another small problem.. if you setup a domain, it shows all templates, even if they're for a client or have been deleted.. don't know if it's just me or a bug, but should be looked at.

- Ability to move clients and domains between "client templates" and "domain templates" would be useful. i.e. if we have a Host 1 package and a Host 2 package and a Host 1 customer wants to upgrade, rather than manually changing his account it would be easier to simply click the template manager and select Host 2 for his limits to auto-update. This would also be useful for hosts who make changes to their packages as if this is also available via global operations it will make it easy to, for example, double diskspace on all accounts.

Disabling greyed out buttons.

Hardweb, AcornWebs, quabbo,

This might be a better how-to, but i'm posting in this thread so everyone who has requested this feature will be notified.

Disabling the greyed out buttons is entirely possible. You just have to understand a little css and then edit your plesk skin files. It's actually quite simple. For example, If you want to hide all of the greyed-out buttons in the "plesk silver" skin here is the process:
Code:
cd /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.silver/css/main
chmod 644 buttons.css
vi buttons.css
Then look for all of the id selectors that have the -disabled suffix. Whithin those selectors, remove the following line:
Code:
background-image: url(../../images/[I]image_id[/I] -disabled_bg.gif);
then add this line:
Code:
display:none;  width:0px;  height:0px;
Do this for all of the -disabled selectors and save your changes. Log-in to the control panel. You should no longer see any greyed-out buttons! I have tested it with IE6 and Mozilla on WinXP.

Plesk has documented the skinning procedure very well. The doc is here:
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.1/Doc/html/plesk-7-reloaded-custom-skins-guide/index.html

Hope this help you all out with the annoying grey buttons!

List of Features

PAM (Password Authentication Module) integration, to make authentication more flexible. So that one can use:

LDAP, NIS, NIS+, winbind, kerbrose, etc ...

Managing a large number of users/domains on a plesk system is a nightmare. It would be really nice if it was possible to move a user/domain from one plesk system to another with a click.

It would be nice, to see a catagorized list of features compiled by the Plesk team, maybe it is then easier to see if more are required.

Also it would be nice to know if the plesk team will actually implement all the features in that list, or just a subset.

Bug sweep !

Review all the applications. Remove all bugs from current applications, instead of building new ones.

Regards
Joao Correia

Reading the forums and taking part of discussions.

Good luck.

Re: Bug sweep !

Originally posted by JoaoCorreia
Review all the applications. Remove all bugs from current applications, instead of building new ones.

Regards
Joao Correia

agreed!! and add webserver / mailserver aliases.

Alternate server-wide spam filter

I wrote my own spam filter in Perl, and want to have a "global" installation in addition to "local" per-account installations.

My filter program will provide the kinds of features net4nuts asks for above, as well as "greylists" and English-like (xTalk style) rules syntax.

Please, SWsoft -- don't restrict your product to a single mail filter program. Monopoly is bad. Freedom of choice is good.

thank you,
-Walter
wondering if a workaround might be to emulate CSS's @import thing...

Import address book for spam addon

A feature that allows users to import there address book to the white list in spam filter configuration would be nice.

A SOLUTION TO REMOVE THE OWN REFFERER IN WEBALIZER STATS, WHY CAPS LETTERS BECAUSE ITS TOO MUCH WORK FOR SW-SOFT TO ADD A "-R domain" TO THE CONFIG STRING IN /USR/LOCAL/PSA/ADMIN/SBIN/STATISTICS

please get awake and change it, statistics sucks because of this on each plesk version till 6, i didt buy 7 do you know why, because of this.

its time to wake up there people.

Mcrypt

I could really use mcrypt. It seems to be the best method for two-way encryption available for use within PHP. It requires a recompile of PHP to use and I'm not comfortable doing that, so it'd be great if it could be built in. Thanks.

Re: Mcrypt

Originally posted by brandonarbini
I could really use mcrypt. It seems to be the best method for two-way encryption available for use within PHP. It requires a recompile of PHP to use and I'm not comfortable doing that, so it'd be great if it could be built in. Thanks.

That will work using ART's rpms .... www.atomicrocketturtle.com

Back