• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall configuration in Plesk

H

hknoop

Hi,
To be able to use the firewall in Plesk you have to start RRAS. Any suggestions on how to configure RRAS or should i leave it "unconfigured" and does Plesk do this.

Also Internet connection sharing and firewall are disabled when using RRAS.

So what is the best practice to secure our server without losing the possibility to using remote desktop for administration tasks?

Any suggestions anybody?

Henry

RRas and firewall

Hi,

The manual states that the plesk firewall only functions when The RRAS service is running?

But my question in fact is:

- I've got a dedicated server in a remote location i can not physicaly visit so i have to be carefull what to configure so i can still reach it. Otherwise it would be an easy trial and error method.
- What is the best way to protect my server, use the firewall from windows or from plesk or both
- What are the best practices to do this.

thanks in advance

Henry Knoop

Some statements:

1. Plesk 7.0.x uses RRAS as firewall
2. Plesk 7.5.x uses Windows Firewall
3. Make all firewall manipulation through Plesk CP, and you always be out of risk to loose server connection
4. As for server safety and security, open only those ports which are necessary (no hole for hackers)

John S.G.

firewall

Thanx,

I'm really stupid, I''ve got the 7.0 manual delivered with 7.5 software, no wonder i didn't get it.

Henry

Back