1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Page: no way to create a thread / topic

Discussion in 'Sitebuilder 4.0 for Linux' started by Sleepless, May 1, 2010.

1. Sleepless

Sleepless Guest

I created a site with a forum special page in it.
    Published it to the server. Please see it at:

http://masteringtheunpredictable.com/page8.php

The forum appears, and you can search, but there is no way to make topics.
    I went back to the Sitebuilder and put a couple of topic in there, and visitors can make replies to those, but I can not find any way for visitors to make new topics. Am I missing something here? (Sorry if this is covered elsewhere on this forum, it is very difficult to search a "forum" on the subject of "forum posts": you tend to get all posts, or none.)

Is it true that the administrator has to make all the thread posts?

I don't think so because elsewhere on this forum I see people saying it is too easy for visitors to create new topics/threads/posts.

Is this a problem with the template? I don't have experience with any other template. I simply have never used this before, and I may be missing something very obvious. I am expecting a button "Create new Thread" or "Create new Topic" on the web site. I don't see one.