• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Free migration from cPanel to Plesk 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
You will be pleased to learn that Parallels offers free migration from cPanel to Plesk 12.

Our engineers will perform the migration data of whole your cPanel server to a new Plesk 12 server absolutely for free!

In addition, you get a bonus - three months free use of Plesk license according to program Switch to Plesk.

Last edited:
Wow, this is really good to know ...
BTW: Does this service also apply for cases where licenses are purchased from third parties like DCs?

Wow, this is really good to know ...
BTW: Does this service also apply for cases where licenses are purchased from third parties like DCs?
It doesn't matter where your Plesk license was purchased.

hello IgorG
this is great though, how can you start a migration to proceed?
we have a root server with cpanel customer with 200.
The goal would be to migrate all customer to 1 or 2-3 root server with plesk.

Many thanks for your response as it goes on.

Be aware that you should not start migrating until opening a ticket. Once you have migrated data, SW Soft will not support you.

After 8 years on Plesk, We moved on from Plesk over to cPanel and i'm sorry but cPanel smashes Plesk to pieces. I have not had one single issue with my servers in 4 months since moving across before I had things breaking every few days. My support queue has also dropped and the end user is happier (long term customers have also mentioned that I should of done it years ago). Did I also tell you that my clients can also have more control over their account.

There is a Plesk team migrating our CPANEL to Plesk. It was promised to be done in less than a day. We are on day 7. I am a tech and have looked at the errors they have received. They are idiots. There was a claim they had migrated all emails. They had only set up the mboxes. There was no data in any mbox. None of our hundreds of thousands of emails from the other server! We get excuse after excuse and day after day passes. Now we are exteremely angry with Plesk after we have had 6 days of restraint and patience. And Plesk refuses to honor their word to migrate us from the CPANEL to Plesk. What are you going to do about it? We operate two thriving businesses on this and they are suffering because of your team's incompetence. I could post specific details of a database error they misinterpreted as a trigger or procedure, which was a remote login allowance set up through CPANEL. It was their excuse why they couldn't export this database through dump. But it happened to them because they had not migrated the SETTINGS from Cpanel first. Their incompetence. I went to PhpMyAdmin and exported it in 20 seconds. There were no triggers or procedures, because we do not use these in our databases. What are you going to do about this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back