• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FrontPage Support Outrage !!

Just to make sometimng clear...

Its TRUE that mscrap discontinue Frontpage BUT !!!

Now Frontpage is called "Sharedpointdesigner"...
That is basicaly the new Frontpage...

And sharedpoint designer support the frontpage Ext !

And that bug me to not be able to have Frontpage on
my 8.2 server like the previous !

As usual swsoft do wathever they
want without ear anyone...

Microsoft chose to not create a version of SharePoint for Linux, so yes, there is no supported way to run FrontPage anymore on Linux.

What is SWsoft doing in here that they want to do? Do you believe that SWsoft wanted to have to tell their clients they can't use FrontPage anymore? Of course not. Microsoft discontinued FrontPage and that's why SWsoft cannot and does not distribute FrontPage anymore. It's as simple as that.

I believe that Bruen is correct - if anyone is to blame you should focus on MS, not swsoft.

I for one am very glad its discontinued and hope this starts a trend of no more FP (or MS in general) on *nix boxes.

if you want MS stuff, go to windows.

Greetings:

Agreed. Microsoft Corporation purchased FrontPage from Vemeer Technologies in the mid 1990’s, grew it to where it was among the top design tools in the world, and then dropped it for reasons only Microsoft knows.

Every automation and control panel system vendor now faces the difficult question of how long to support this technology when the primary vendor – Microsoft – dropped the ball.

Since the Microsoft FrontPage extensions are not open source this creates a huge problem for everyone.

Most of our shared hosting customers use Microsoft FrontPage, so we share the pain; we use H-Sphere, and do not know when Positive Software (now an SWSoft company) will drop the extensions.

So we’ve been encouraging our customers to switch to Dreamweaver, Contribute, and other tools more properly supported by the primary vendor of the technology.

Thank you.

Back