• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup rotation not working

radykal

New Pleskian
Hi,

Im having some problems with Backup to FTP since the update of the past 26th October.

After some research found that the problem is with the rotation of the FTP backups, the older ones aren't deleted so the FTP quota is exceeded.

My backup FTP has a quota of 100GB. Actually the Plesk Full Backup is around 26-27Gb. So only 3 backups can be at time in the FTP. Tried to reconfigure FTP settings, user, password, Pasive mode turned ON and OFF and nothing seems to change. It still not removing old backups from FTP so the new ones cant succesfully complete. We usually have limit of 3 backups on FTP which should be ok (and have been ok from past months). When there are already 3 backups in the FTP the next night it makes the backup on the server repo and after that it starts to copy it to the FTP but once the FTP quota is achieved the task fails and an incomplete file of 15-16Gb resides as 4th backup on the FTP and a notificacion of failed job is sent to my email. When noticed the problem was the FTP rotation thinked it could be that Plesk first copies the new backup to te FTP and after it's OK then it will delete the oldest one so put the limit to 2 so he can store the new backup as 3rd and then delete the oldest one, but the problem still. Seems Plesk is not trying to keep the limit set in configuration. So every 3 days I have to remove the backups from the FTP server (through the option in Plesk, so credentials are OK) and then i have 3 days of successfull backups until it again fills the quota and the problem comes back.

Is there any way to debug or check why Plesk isnt trying to remove oldest backups from the FTP either BEFORE of AFTER the backup job?

Thanks you,

Back