• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

get_config_string failed: PRODUCT_DATA_D: Unexpected end of data when read C-string f

J

jvancraa

Dear Forum Readers,

Since I upgraded from PfW 8.3 to PfW 8.4 Plesk Control Panel has issues. Almost every day I have to reset the control panel and management server sevice because users who login to https://www.<domain>:8443 get "get_config_string failed: PRODUCT_DATA_D: Unexpected end of data when read C-string from serializer."

In event log I see a lot of Mailenable related error messages, e.g:

==//==

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psamailfilterpipe
at (Con::ClientOverlappedPipe::create line 502)
at Mail filter main(wmain line 20)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\memailfilter_usr.exe

== AND ==

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psamailfilterpipe
at (Con::ClientOverlappedPipe::create line 502)
at Mail Enable mail global filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 141)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\MEMTA.EXE

==//==

Restarting the Plesk service does the trick but hardly is an acceptable sollution if i have to do this daily. The load on the server is not unacceptably high. On PfW 8.3 I did not have these issues.

Would appreciate if someone can let me know what might be happening and what may be a fix.

Thanks,

Jeroen van Craaikamp, ShareIT.nu
The Netherlands

Hello jvancraa,

Please check version of the modules %plesk_bin%plesksrv.exe and %plesk_dir%admin\modules\php_plesk_util.dll.

We have the same exact problem and we checked those files version and both are 8.400

Any update on this issue?

We have the same exact problem and we checked those files version and both are 8.400

Any update on this issue?

again we are flooded with similar errors in pelsk event log

can any one address this issue and teel what is correct resolve.
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Open file 'E:\Mail Enable\QUEUES\SMTP\Inbound\0C9A73484F8A42B7B6D820DE4006280B.MAI'
at (VFile::eek:pen line 87)
at Mail Enable mail global filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 140)
Execute file name: C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\MAILSE~1\MAILEN~1\BIN\MEMTA.EXE

can any one update what shuld be done

we are using ME 3.14 as of now.

again we are flooded with similar errors in pelsk event log

can any one address this issue and teel what is correct resolve.
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Open file 'E:\Mail Enable\QUEUES\SMTP\Inbound\0C9A73484F8A42B7B6D820DE4006280B.MAI'
at (VFile::eek:pen line 87)
at Mail Enable mail global filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 140)
Execute file name: C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk\MAILSE~1\MAILEN~1\BIN\MEMTA.EXE

we need a fix for this

i didnt get any update as in ME forums either .

any ideas what is cause and how to fix this

can any one update what shuld be done

we are using ME 3.14 as of now.

Hello,

I too have the same error.. I have checked the versions and they are plesksrv.exe : 8.600.4.0, php_plesk_util.dll : 8.600.0.0. The plesk CP returm some error most of the time and I have only this error in the event log. Please let us know what should do so that we can fix this.

The thing that works is to restart the Pleks Management Services. However, the issue will come back, albeit not every day. So, after two months of restarting, I got tired of it and switched to SmarterMail Enterprise 5.5. Since then I have no more issues with mail.

BTW: Smartermail migration was slightly tedious, but was well worth it. The functionality, especially webmail, exceeded my expectation. Even though Plesk does not support the Smartermail Enterprise features, I have found them very usefull.

Back