• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Google maps - no location marker or data

D

dwightk

I just noticed there is no location marker when i publish a google map. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

When I setup the map and put in the key, I see the marker just fine. Once I save it - and view it on the edit screen - the location marker is gone. Ditto when I publish - no marker.

The map does end up centered on the correct location but is pretty useless without a marker showing the destination.

I'm using 4.1 and I don't have any markers.
Just a nice map.

I checked this situation and I assume that Google API key already specified in Sitebuilder admin CP -> Server -> Modules -> AreaMap section.
API key should be also specified for specific web site in Wizard.
After that follow instructions below:

# Click Choose location.
# Type the name of the geographical location you want to show and click Find Location.
If for some reason Google doesn't find the required location, or if you want to specify your own location, enter the name of a larger geographical object (the city, country, etc.) in the Find Location box, and then use the arrows and scaling functions to manually navigate to the required geographical point.
# Click on the required point on the map. On the form that appears, specify the title and address of the location in the Title and Address fields and click Save.

Clicking on 'Save' guarantee that marker will stay on published side after publication. Try to re-publish the site after all these steps and check it one more time.
I checked that on my test 4.2 installation and it looks good.
Hope it helps.

Back