• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Help needed, Permission denied after upgrade 11 to 12

gijsbert

Basic Pleskian
I need urgent help. Last night I've been upgrading 4 servers from plesk 11 to plesk12. These servers are identical or at least they should be.

On 2 servers I receive the following messages when logging in:

Internal error: Permission denied
Message Permission denied
File Hierarchical.php
Line 185
Type Exception

I've searched the forum and found a thread with the following suggestion:

rm -rf /var/lock/lmlib/container_locks
rm -f /usr/local/psa/var/cache/*
service sw-engine restart

This seems to do the trick, at least I'm able to login to the panel.

However after a reboot of the server the same problem occurs again. I have checked and compared a lot of things but I can't find any difference between the 2 servers that work well and the 2 servers that has this problem.

Attached is the last entries of the panel.log with the error. I need to have these 2 servers up and running correctly as soon as possible. Please help me out here!

Kind regards,

Gijsbert

UPDATE:

After doing the following command:

rpm -Uvh http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12...re-12.0.18-cos6.build1200140606.15.x86_64.rpm --force

It seems that the panel is working fine now. However, I can I verify that things work again the way it should be?

Attachments

• panel.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
SELinux is disabled. I noticed that when running "stat /var/lock/lmlib/container_locks" (see thread: http://kb.odin.com/en/122288) the uid was not root but psaadm. I did a chown root:lock-manager on this directory.

But after making the owner root I followed this thread: http://kb.odin.com/en/125173 and recreated the container_locks directory like this:

rm -rf /var/lock/lmlib/container_locks
rm -f /usr/local/psa/var/cache/*
service sw-engine restart

When plesk creates the new container_locks, it is again owned by psaadm and not by root. There is something wrong, but I cannot find out where or how this ownership psaadm comes from.

Help will be appreciated.

Hi Igor,

I checked the article, but /dev/shm is mounted as a tmpfs filesystem and psaadm is inside the group lock-manager. Maybe it's just normal behaviour that, once you delete the container_locks, it will be re-created with uid psaadm? I upgraded about a 100 servers and all have root as uid on the container_locks except 3 servers and I just don't understand why, there must be something wrong or corrupt...

Do you have 12.0 or 12.5 version?
I can't reproduce it on 12.0

Beside the problems I noticed I also got some warnings running phpMyAdmin. I re-installed all patches and the problem seem to be fixed.

unfortenately the problem is still there. I have no idea what happens. I re-installed all patches and things seem to be ok for a couple of days, but today the container_locks dit have problems again when a customer removed a database and created a new one. So what I did was:

ls -la /var/lock/lmlib/
drwxrwx--- 3 root lock-manager 4096 Dec 16 17:55 container_locks

/etc/init.d/sw-engine stop; rm -rf /var/lock/lmlib/container_locks; rm -f /usr/local/psa/var/cache/* ; /etc/init.d/sw-engine start
Stopping sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]
Starting sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]

ls -la /var/lock/lmlib/
drwxrwx--- 3 psaadm lock-manager 4096 Dec 16 21:13 container_locks

So the owner is now psaadm and then it seems to work again (for now). But my guess is that the problem will re-occur within a few days.

I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for investigation and fixing this issue directly on your server.

Back