• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Help upgrading keys for Plesk 8

Z

zymsys

I get an odd error when I try to upgrade Plesk. Version 8 shows in the updater, but when I try to do the update I get this...
Plesk is unable to update your product license.

Server response: License has been validated. Up-to-date license key number is PLSK.00229189.0000. This license is eligible to be upgraded to the next product release. Upgrade of license key will be automatically performed after upgrading your software to the next major release.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license will result in the installation of a default license with limited functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate license before continuing with the product upgrade.
First it tells me that I can upgrade and the keys will be automatically updated, then it tells me that if I continue I'll get the default license. If I go to License Management it says I'm already up to date, so I don't know how to update this license.

I bought Plesk directly from SW-Soft and not through a datacenter. Do I need to manually ask SW-Soft for the update?

You can safely proceed by ticking the

[x] Confirm skipping key update and installing the default key

option. Plesk will upgrade your key automatically after the upgrade to v8 is finished, as long as port 5224 on your server is open.

You can check this by entering this command in the shell:
# telnet ka.swsoft.com 5224

Thanks! Since posting I've hired Cranky's business to do the upgrades because he seems to have a lot of experience with the upgrades and this should help to minimize the risk. We're waiting for a new release which should be out in the next few days before proceeding.

Back