1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Help upgrading keys for Plesk 8

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by zymsys, Jun 4, 2006.

1. zymsys

zymsys Guest

I get an odd error when I try to upgrade Plesk. Version 8 shows in the updater, but when I try to do the update I get this...
    First it tells me that I can upgrade and the keys will be automatically updated, then it tells me that if I continue I'll get the default license. If I go to License Management it says I'm already up to date, so I don't know how to update this license.

I bought Plesk directly from SW-Soft and not through a datacenter. Do I need to manually ask SW-Soft for the update?

2. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Guest

You can safely proceed by ticking the

[x] Confirm skipping key update and installing the default key

option. Plesk will upgrade your key automatically after the upgrade to v8 is finished, as long as port 5224 on your server is open.

You can check this by entering this command in the shell:
    # telnet ka.swsoft.com 5224

3. zymsys

zymsys Guest

Thanks! Since posting I've hired Cranky's business to do the upgrades because he seems to have a lot of experience with the upgrades and this should help to minimize the risk. We're waiting for a new release which should be out in the next few days before proceeding.