• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde with Plesk Interface

WHERE IS steveO ?

Maybe he is still working on the template, maybe it is alredy done.

Can somebody knows what really happened to Steve0 ??

I'm still here and still working on this project, it is by no means a fake there are just a lot of elements to the whole project that have to go through testing before it is released as a stable product.

currently it has been tested with every version of Horde that each version of plesk came with plus every version in between so that if you have upgraded your version of horde the product will still work as advertised.

Something will be released within the next month.

Originally posted by mysticav
I visited this post in 2002.

I just can't believe that steve0 has not finish it. 5 long years for a skin ?

That seems very unlikely, if you look at the very first post you'll see i started the thread 4th August 2005.

Originally posted by steve0
That seems very unlikely, if you look at the very first post you'll see i started the thread 4th August 2005.
Okay, so 2 years and 3 months for a skin? Still pretty crazy if you ask me...

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that this product is officially released today for FreeBSD servers.

This first product has been named HordeSkinsPlus and incorporates the look and feel of the Plesk control panel. It includes an add-on module for Plesk that also lets you customize and brand each individual domain on your server.

Please review the product here http://www.sarito.com and let us know what you think.

Your patience during this long development cycle has been and is very much appreciated.

wow that's great news steve! You'll get an order from me once you put the 7.5 version available.

There's one thing I'm missing on the website though, it might be me that's blind but I couldn't find any screenshots of the product there except for the small thumbs rotating?

No screens yet but there will be .. the website is not exactly complete yet still a few things to do .. its coming though slowly but surely . .

You are going to make a killing here.
There is a real niche market, but I assume you worked that out :)

I will purchase centos version for plesk 8.1 when it is available.

However, we all know how tempramental Plesk can be.
I will need to research functionality issues, first, if I am going to pay.
(I only resort to the "s*ck it and see" option when things are open source or "own risk")

So... fill us with confidence - and win us for life!

This is spot on, just what any Plesk server needs to finish the look. I always felt that the webmail interface let Plesk down as it was so naf and basic, but you have done what the Plesk team failed to do. Well Done!

I would be interested in seeing a demo if this in action with the Plesk module. Once I'm happy with the functions and installation I'll be purchasing for my upcoming server install.

Matt

However, we all know how tempramental Plesk can be.
I will need to research functionality issues, first, if I am going to pay.
(I only resort to the "s*ck it and see" option when things are open source or "own risk")

So... fill us with confidence - and win us for life!

This i can completely understand and we have tried to make this product in a way that it will not interfere with your working webmail at all. There are multiple things being checked during and after installation and If the product fails for any reason it simply reverts back to the default horde look and feel instantly without stopping horde so your customers will never be interrupted. Having the product work in such a way as to not interfere with your running server has been a very high priority and of major concern to us right from the start, its part of the reason development took so long. The running of your business is as important to us as the running of our own business.

The running of your business is as important to us as the running of our own business.

I've been watching this thread for quite some time.
(don't forget to invite perler & mysticav to the release party)

Looking at the new website and going through some of the old posts here, it looks like this will suit my needs almost perfectly. Some great ideas such as turning on and off some Horde programs. My clients just want to read their email when they are out of town or deal with an email issue so that they can get back to using Outlook - no calendars, notepads, etc. in webmail.

Seriously, most of my clients believe they became IT professionals the day they learnt to copy/paste.

If only I could configure server-wide Horde options via Plesk like using the Trash Bin, auto-configured to clean itself every month, rather than "Purge Deleted" - then I would not be consistently told "I deleted it but it didn't *go*"

Anyway, the product is looking good. I have waited and can wait a bit longer. Keep the ball rolling, my money's ready.

Another thought with more and more people using the internet functions of there phones, would be a phone browser friendly interface if someone logins via there phone.

I know I use my iPhone allot these days for web browsing on the move, more then my old Sony P990 and the P910i. Just a thought.

Matt

Once we get our forums up and running we will have a section for feature requests which i hope you will post in. . . we will be adding features and improvements on an ongoing bases. This is just the beginning.

FreeBSD 7.5 and 8.3 versions were released today, this makes all versions for FreeBSD available and we are now concentrating on getting the Linux versions out ASAP.

When will a demo be online for us to see and try?

Also you mention "Yahoo/Gmail type email portals available" is this a full plugin feature with functions so I can provide a Yahoo/Gmail style service to clients?

Matt

At the moment we are concentrating our efforts on the Linux installers so although a demo is on the list, it is not at the top of the list.

Also you mention "Yahoo/Gmail type email portals available" is this a full plugin feature with functions so I can provide a Yahoo/Gmail style service to clients?

It means that within the plesk module you have the ability to also set the login and logout page of each individual domain or a group of domains to a specific login/logout page. This allows you the freedom to create your own login page('s) that one or many domains can use with sign up features, you decide which one('s). We will be providing sample login pages that you can use and customize on any website and we will be building on this to include full features and functions in later versions.

It's just the beginning!

Back